I Owe My First Job

I Owe My First Job

What it's like working for a pet store.

10
I Owe My First Job

What it's like to work for a pet store.

Nothing better than working somewhere that is never boring. Working for a pet store is never a dull moment from the customers dogs to the animals we sell and take care off. Just having great coworkers and bosses is just a plus.

Being hired at a young age meant that the knowledge I had for animals increased and I learned how to manage all times of customers and scenarios. Nothing better than having a bad day and going to work and seeing the energy of dogs, and all the other animals that come in our store daily.

Since I was little I always was in the store and looking around at all the animals and just showing so much interest in them so when I was hired to work there I was beyond overjoyed.

I soon started to realize that the job didn't solely revolve around the animals and focused more on the customers I was of course a little bummed. I quickly realized that I didn't have to be all about that because the environment here was even better and so full of joy. Our store focused on our success and with a team that wants the same thing for our store we all just work together to achieve our goals.

I've held many jobs since but working at the pet store had always and will always be my favorite job. There's just something about the employees and the customer connection that will never be at any other job. Working with a close group of friends makes our environment such much more than just a paid job.

I can honestly say that I love coming to my job everyday and seeing new faces and their animals walk through our door. Helping each customer out with food, toys, or etc. for their animals is always a great experience. I have gained love for animals that I would have never known existed if I didn't work at my pet store. I have even taken in at least 10 animals from our store because coming to work everyday and seeing them just made me love them even more.

There's a lot of criticism from the common public about pet stores and I can understand the whole imported animals thing but that's just something that's over our heads. But we do all we can for the animals we take in, we feed them properly and make sure that they're comfortable in their settings 100%. We only do what's best and what's right for our animals.

There's so much I have learned from my job, and that I take on with me to other jobs. From customer service to dog allergies to sales the wide variety of things I have learned here will carry with me in life.

Beyond what people say about pet stores, I absolutely love working for mine. To be able to go into work everyday with a smile knowing that it's gonna be a great time is just something a lot of people don't experience out of a job. I love all that comes with my job. No matter where life takes me I will always cherish my first job and the people I have worked with over the years.