Being An Overachiever Isn't Bad, It Just Means You Care
Lifestyles

Being an overachiever is worth all the stress, I promise.

140

Most people hate the overachievers of the world. They try too hard, they stress too much and they're pretty boring because they work so much.

Despite popular belief, though, being an overachiever is worth all the stress.

Sure, sometimes putting effort into literally everything can be exhausting. Our self-confidence can dwindle at the slightest hint of a poor grade emerging or someone not validating a job well done.

But, being an overachiever also means we pride ourselves on a job well done. We are focused, driven to challenge ourselves to complete projects and apply for high-level jobs. We climb the ladder of professionalism and extracurriculars, and the success is completely worth it despite what others think.

I have always considered myself an overachiever. My friends always say how busy I am, my parents notice all the hard work and my partners in the past and present have always been encouraging.

Working hard and creating this work ethic has instilled a ton of confidence in me.

I pride myself on joining clubs, helping people and setting myself apart from others. I love turning in an assignment that I know I did stellar on.

You see, being an overachiever makes you hold yourself to a certain standard. In the past I used to have so much anxiety, thinking people expected so much of me. In reality, I have learned that I put it all on myself.

I am in control of my emotions and how much I push myself. I am the one person I need to truly impress. I am a doer, not just a dreamer.

So, being an overachiever, to me, isn't a bad thing. It is not something that should be looked down upon. No matter how many times you get stressed or discouraged, you have to remember it is all in your hands.

Being the best you can be is a very personal thing. It is important to hone in on your talents and overachieve in all aspects that is possible for you.

Whether you excel with time management, handing in great papers, joining clubs or binge-watching countless tv shows, being an overachiever at something is crucial for having confidence in every part of life. It's important to have acute stress about things that matter to you.

I have heard before that if you aren't worried, you don't care.

Being an overachiever doesn't just mean you're stressed, it also means you care. That is why being an overachiever is worth it.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web