9 Of The Best Classes At UNC Charlotte

9 Of The Best Classes At UNC Charlotte

We made our picks, what are yours?

2918
9 Of The Best Classes At UNC Charlotte
UNCC

The city of Charlotte has so much to offer. There is the EpiCenter, the Bank Of America headquarters, and multiple college campuses, including that of UNC Charlotte. UNCC has a lot to offer as well, with both our graduate and undergrad programs. School can be amazingly boring and treacherous sometimes, which we fully realize. Here at Odyssey, we want to give you a little something to break up the monotony of your days.

So, we asked the UNC Charlotte Odyssey Content Creators, "What is the most interesting course you've taken at UNCC, and why was it interesting? If you haven't had a class at UNCC yet, what class are you most excited for?" Consider some of our responses when creating your course schedule for next semester:

Intermediate Fiction Writing was probably the most interesting class I've taken so far. We got to write stories that we wanted and the people in my class were friends from a previous class. So it made for a good time overall. -- Kayla Yarborough

I really enjoyed European Women's History. It was interesting to see recurring themes throughout the long span of time that we covered (from ancient Greeks and Romans to modern day). There were so many aspects of women that were misunderstood, misrepresented or ignored for so long. It made me thankful to be a woman in the 21st century because of how far we've come. But it also inspired me to learn more about women's issues on an international scale, and advocate for the women of today and for generations of women to come. -- Rachel West

Developmental Art (ARTE 2121). It was about incorporating art into classroom curriculum. We got to do in class art projects that we can use in the future as teachers and we went on a field trip to the Mint Museum. -- Anna Combs

I took a class on Yoga and India and thought it was really interesting to learn the history of yoga and meditation. -- Brooke Soldo

University Writing (UWRT 1103) Specifically, Dr. Malcolm Campbell's class. It was interesting because he was so passionate about what he was teaching and was extremely different from any high school English course. Papers we wrote were reflective and personal, except for our final research portfolio. He taught me how to dive deeper in to how I feel about something and use that emotion that I feel to connect the readers emotion's in as well. -- Taylor Medford

One of the most interesting classes I've had at UNCC (which ultimately helped me determine my minor) was the studies of the 1990s. It was fun just to tell people that was a class -- we literally studied the '90s and why the time period was unique. But, I learned about so many different aspects of America during that time, from large-scale crimes to the most popular music. The class was taught by Professor Shannon Bauerle, who I absolutely loved and have searched for other classes of hers (such as the Disney class, zombie class, or witches class-- yes, we have those!). Anything in the American Studies department is sure to give you a run for your money. -- Briona Kiser

I took an intro to philosophy class that was the philosophy of love and sex. I almost dropped it because I thought it would be super awkward (which it was). It had a focus on why people act certain ways, it turned out to be really interesting. -- Catlynn Hartis

My most interesting class was my Music Theory II class because all the sudden, I could fully understand music and the form of it throughout the common practice period (1600-1800s). I was able to hear the things I learned from popular composers like Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms. -- Caroline O'Connor

I will be a freshman at UNCC in the fall, so I have not taken a class yet, but I am most excited for the Introduction to Education course. I am interested to see if it will verify my interest in teaching, and I am eager to learn more about education itself. I am also excited because I met my professor for this class during orientation, and she seems super nice! -- Molly Hartness