7 Oscar-Worthy Movies Every Moviegoer Should Watch Now

You can’t be bored while watching these award winning movies.

83
Marvel Studio

Looking for movies to watch on Netflix after the Oscars but don’t know what to watch? Well, these seven movies can help choose the perfect movie night whether you are watching alone or with a friend.

1. "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

This Crime based Drama is about a mother who is personally challenging the local police to solve the case of her daughter’s murder when they fail to catch the victim.

According to IMDB, critics rated this two-hour movie with an 8.3 out of 10. Critics say that this film is “A Masterpiece,” “Entertaining,” “Suspenseful.” This film has seven Oscar nominations, which include “Best Motion Picture of the Year,” “Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role,” “Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role,” “Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score),” “Best Original Screenplay,” and “Best Achievement in Film Editing.”

2. “The Florida Project"

During the course of the summer full of childhood wonder, six-year-old Monnie embarks on an adventure full of mischief with her oddly diverse playmates. While she embarks on this adventure, she bonds with a rebellious but also caring mother.

According to IMDB, critics rate this drama-based project a 7.7 out of 10 stars. Critics say that this film is “engaging and entertaining,” “hopeful” and “emotional.” This film is nominated for one Oscar nomination, which is “Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role.”

3. “Coco”

This Animated Disney hit features an Aspiring musician, Miguel who loves music, despite his family’s generations-old ban on music. Trying to prove himself, Miguel ends up in the Land of the Dead, which embarks on a journey to find the story behind Miguel’s family history.

According to IMDB, critics rate this film an 8.6 out of 10 stars. They say that this movie is “A Classic,” “Vibrant” and “Iconic”. Coco has two Oscar Nominations, which include, “Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion pictures (original song),” and “Best Animated Feature Film.”

4. “Ferdinand"

Bulls are known to be mean and vicious. But in this Animated Blue Sky hit, Ferdinand a bull with a big heart is mistaken for being dangerous. In result, he is captured and far from home. Along with his quest to return to his family, he recruits a team to help him on this adventure.

According to IMDB, critics rate this film a 6.7 out of 10 stars. Critics say that this movie is “Fun,” “A ‘Feel Good’ film,” “Realistic.” This film is nominated for one Oscar Nomination, which is “Best Animated Feature Film.”

5. “Logan”

This sequel to the X-Man movies takes place in far in the future. Logan is isolated from the rest of the world. His companions, the Caliban and Professor X, are in exile and plagued by severe worsening seizures. However, Logan’s isolation from the world comes to an end when a mysterious woman appears with an urgent request: to bring a young girl to safety.

According to IMDB, critics rate this movie an 8.1 out of 10 stars. Critics say that this film is “a definition of a great film,” “the perfect goodbye,” “own-worthy movie.” This film is nominated for one Oscar Nomination, which is “Best Adapted Screenplay.”

6. “The Greatest Showman,”

This original musical celebrates the birth of “Show Biz” and tells a story of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacular worldwide sensation.

According to IMDB, critics rate this movie an 8 out of 10 stars. Critics say that this movie is“Entertaining,” “gorgeous,” “a celebration of humanity.” This film is nominated for one Oscar Nomination, which is “Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song).”

7. “Guardians of the GalaxyVol. 2"

This Action Packed sequel continues as the team of Guardians adventure as they travel across the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep the newly established family together as they unravel the true mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.

According to IMDB, critics rate this movie a 7.7 out of 10 stars. Critics say that this movie is “Funny,” “Action Packed,” “an awesome adventure.” This film is nominated for one Oscar Nomination, which is “Best Achievement in Visual Effects.”