shein reviews

Just Because You're Not A Size 0, Doesn't Mean You Shouldn't Shop Online

I would definitely recommend Shein to anybody, regardless of your size!

102
SheIn

Not being a size 0-4, I always have struggled with purchasing clothes online. I'm not comfortable purchasing clothes I can't try on because, hello, I can't try them on and see how they look, fit, and feel. Recently, my best friends and I planned a vacation to Las Vegas, so naturally, I needed to purchase new, nightlife outfits. One of my friends was shopping online and referred me to a website called Shein. She had found a really cute dress for less than $20. Less than $20 for a cute dress? I'm in.

Okay so, I've heard about this website in the past, but never really thought about purchasing any clothes for myself, simply because I don't trust online websites that I've never used before. Sounds redundant, I know. How would I ever know if I like the clothes, or if they fit me if I've never tried?

Now, I'm really ballin' on a budget in today's day and age. I'm a full-time college student and work part-time. I really don't have time to go to the mall and shop, let alone try anything on or search for the clothes I want. So, I decided to try shopping online, just this once. Desperate times call for desperate measures. My vacation is planned for January and if I wait any longer I might not get the clothes in time, especially with Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shipping, or heaven forbid I need to return it. I wanted to give myself extra time with these clothes.

So, I took a leap of faith and ordered myself a shirt and a dress. I figured if I like these clothes then I can continue to purchase in the future. So, for my first purchase, I only got two things. Consider this a test run. The clothes are made in China so right away, I was hesitant. But nevertheless, I persisted.

I got the confirmation email and now all I had to do was wait. I ordered on November 5, and my total was $23.99. I received my order on November 13. So I think it was an average wait time! Obviously, it wasn't any Amazon Prime shipping time, but hey, you get what you pay for.

I opened my package and immediately, I was not disappointed. I held the shirt up to myself and it looked like it was going to fit! I tried it on with a pair of jeans, and I really liked it!

Kaylee Clever

Next, I opened the dress. I was SUPER worried that this wasn't going to fit. But, I ordered a few sizes up because of the material and the fit. I am someone who is a lot smaller in my waist than in my hips, so ordering a few sizes up is typically the key so that I can get the dress past my hips and butt, especially not knowing how tight it will fit, how the material is cut, etc. I tried on the dress, and it was a little big on me, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have it be a smidge too big than have it be too small and I look like a sausage. The only place it was big was in the waist, and in the arms. But, I'm so used to dresses being big in the waist, so this didn't' bother me. Being big in the arms was kind of annoying, but if I pair it with the right bra, and the right jacket, I will definitely be okay to wear this walking down the Vegas strip!

Kaylee Clever

Overall, I was NOT disappointed with my purchase! I would definitely recommend to anybody, regardless of your size! I think that even by just sizing up on some clothes, you'll be able to find your fit! I am someone who has never liked online shopping, but I will definitely be ordering again from Shein!

PSA – there is a college student discount! It saved me 20% on my purchase!