Opinions While Watching "Grey's Anatomy" For The First Time

Am I wrong?

11

After years of adamantly refusing to watch Grey's Anatomy, I finally caved when my boyfriend decided he wants to be a doctor. So, in honor of watching one of the most popular shows ever, for the first time, I've decided to write a short series of Grey's Anatomy opinions as I go through the seasons. So far, I'm halfway season 3, and this is what I think of the interns.

Izzy is a mess

Izzy is definitely the sweetest, most loving intern, but she lets those emotions mess with her time and time again. Don't even get me started on her manipulating Denny (and the other interns) into her deranged plan to get Denny a heart. Then she refused to deposit an 8.7 million-dollar check for no explicable reason. She also consistently talked to patients about their feelings while on probation. And, in the beginning, she got beyond furious at Alex for "cheating" on her, despite them not being together, then treated him even worse once she met Denny, but acted like she did nothing.

Alex is not a jerk

I feel like the writers totally changed their vision for Alex as the series progressed. They started by having him plaster next-to-naked pictures of Izzy around the hospital and call Meredith a nurse. But, by where I am now, he's become a kind, tell-it-like-it-is, type of person. The drastic change reminded me of how in the pilot of Gossip Girl, Chuck was a wannabe rapist, but then they made him into the perfect man for Blair.

George is too good for everyone else on the show

George is sweet, always there for everyone, and as great a doctor as everyone else is. But the poor guy fell for Meredith, of all the people; two of his best friends nearly performed a surgery on his father, despite knowing about Burke's hand tremor; and Callie was so weird while they were dating, even though she's pretty cool now.

Christina and Burke are an awful couple

First of all, they still haven't shown Christina tell Burke she loves him. They also only seem happy together before they go to bed, whereas George somehow makes Burke laugh and smile all the time. Also, they decided to have Christina do Burke's surgeries even though she has less than a year of experience and people are expecting one of the best surgeons in the world to be operating on them. Adding to all that stupidity, they're still together but refusing to speak to each other right now, like they're 9 years old.

Meredith is the worst

Right from the beginning, this woman is so self-centered. She sleeps with George, despite knowing she's not into him, she sleeps with McDreamy while he's trying to work on his marriage, and she dates the vet, even though she clearly wants nothing to with him. On top of that, I just can't take her whiny voice. Oh my gosh. Every man somehow finds her attractive when she sounds like that?