To My Long-Distance Best Friend

To My Long-Distance Best Friend

Happy Birthday.

399
To My Long-Distance Best Friend
Maria Camino

I feel like I have always been very different to most of my girlfriends. Don’t get me wrong, I really love them, but we have very unique personalities and distinct qualities. However, when I met you I think we really connected because we were very similar. This is why you became the little sister I never had.

I’ll never forget the day you woke up screaming because you had leg cramps, and I seriously thought there was something wrong with you. This is one of the memories that makes me laugh the most because it just shows how dramatic you are.

The time we ate an entire Nutella jar accurately represents our love for Italian food, and it’s one of my favorite memories of us. I love that we both like Latin music, especially dancing to it. I feel like those summer nights really brought us closer together.

I appreciate our friendship a lot, but I think I don’t show my appreciation as much as I should. I am very grateful for having you in my life because I know I can always count on you no matter what. Even though it is weird to think that we haven’t seen each other in almost three years, every time we FaceTime it feels like it has only been a day since the last time we met.

It is easy to drift apart from people, especially as you become older and start new chapters in your life. We’ve both experienced big changes these past few years, and I am so happy we have been able to keep in touch.

I want to be forever infected by the happiness you spread. I love that there are no dull moments with you because you definitely know how to enjoy life, and I want to be surrounded by that joy as long as I can.

It is true what they say, distance does make the heart grow fonder.