Open Letter To The First Girl I Am Truly Able To Love

Once you come out, you have one relationship that makes you realize why you came out, here is mine.

191
Personal Photo

Growing up I was taught love was between a man and women and that one day I will find my true love. Little did I know that it would take me until I was almost twenty years old to truly be able to love someone and fall in love with without being ashamed. Don't get me wrong I swore I “loved" my past ex's but no one will be able to hold the place Nicole holds in my heart. Nicole, you are the first girl and first person I ever could wholeheartedly love and I'm glad it was you. I want to thank you for showing me it is okay and that I am allowed to fall in love with a girl.

When our relationship first began you were very patient with me, you allowed me to take a few days to tell my parents we were more than just friends from school. Then how you still accept and understand that not all my family knows and you respect that from how I grew up they can't know. You have been patient with me when it came to posting about our relationship on social media. You understood that I was not hesitant because I did not like you but more of how nervous I was to fully come out to the world and not be able to take it back. Even though you only had to put up with this for the first few weeks I appreciate it and you so much.

Months later there was no more hiding and I never knew how great this feeling would be, I'm glad I get the experience this new world with you. I am writing you this to you because you have taught me and showed me that you are the first person who I am truly be myself around. I can be in a real relationship with you, no hiding and no more being ashamed. You opened my eyes to the real world. We are not in our own little bubble from the world but instead we are conquering the world together hand in hand no matter who disapproves.

It is almost as if you lifted this ball and chain off my life and now I only see an open world with you. You are the first girl I have even been able to love without fear. I love how I can be able to be a real couple with you. Yeah people may roll their eyes when they see us walking down the street hand in hand and the comments are more mean and nasty then good, but with you by my side none of that matters anymore. You taught me it is okay to show you to the world. You taught me that the people who matter will still love me and be there. You taught me it is okay to be me. That is why I am happy to call you not only my girlfriend but also the most influential and real relationship I have ever been in.