Open Letter To The Girls in My Pledge Class

Couldn't have asked for a better group of girls.

27
original image

Dear Pledge Class,

Thank you for welcoming me with open arms.

Arriving at the house on bid day I was in a sea of strangers. Other than a few familiar faces I had met throughout the week I really didn't know anyone. I was nervous and intimidated but I quickly realized that I wasn't the only one. Girls began coming up and talking to me and I took more pictures than I knew what to do with. In a matter of just a few minutes I knew that I was somewhere that I could call home.

Thank you for being up for anything.

I can text any of you on a Friday night and I know you'll be up to do something. Whether I'm looking to stay in for a Netflix date or hit the town on a Friday night, there is always someone there to join me. No matter where you are you guys know how to have a good time. Football games, tailgates, chill nights in, or study sessions, you guys are always up for anything.

Thank you for being there no matter what.

When someone texts in the group message asking to borrow red white and blue shorts in the middle of February you just offer them up no questions asked. And when someone needs to be let back into the building at 3 a.m when you were already sound asleep you go and get them and you try not to hold a grudge. When ever I need it you guys are there for me to help with any problem I have. I know I can ask anyone of you for anything and you will be there in what ever way possible.

Thank you for being there for the good times and the bad.

You share in my successes as if they were your own. You are there to push me up to be the best that I can be. Whether that be helping with homework or hosting cram sessions at the library for a big test, I'm never on my own. But when things don't go as planned you are also there to catch me when I fall. When I get an F on that big paper or completely forget about that huge test, you're still there. Whether it's pulling an all nighter to help me catch up or taking me out to take my mind off of everything there is no one who knows what to do better than you.

Thank you for making my freshman year amazing.

We have already made so many memories together over the past few months and the year is not even over. I can't even imagine where we will be in the next three years. I always knew that I wanted to be in a sorority and you girls are exactly what I wished for.

Thank you for being you.