To My Soul Sister Who Is A True Blessing In Life

I know we may not exactly be blood-related, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t view you the same.

273
Margie Henson

Dear Soul Sister,

Thank you for giving me the relationship that was needed with someone who is younger but is going through some of the similar things that I have. I know we may not exactly be blood-related, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t view you the same. I know that we may have different parents and siblings, but no matter how out of place we feel, we always have each other.

Thank you for making me feel less alone and more normal in terms of having a somewhat dysfunctional family and brother. I never thought that I would be able to gain someone like you in my life, especially as a sister figure. I always thought I would be alone in the fact that we both don’t have anyone to talk to about our problems, and how were not close with anyone specific in our families.

Thank you for helping me make decisions when we were in Florida, from everything from simple workouts to which outfit is cuter, to even helping me choose out (and do my) makeup. Remember when we were getting ready to go to the Daytona 500 and I couldn’t figure out which outfit was better to wear in the sweltering heat all day?

And you couldn’t decide on the perfect shoes to compliment your outfit, so I gave you my sandals (which ended up killing your feet sorry! But at least you looked cute for meeting Kevin Harvick).

I feel like we're both a bit of a blessing to each other because I help you try not to make the same mistakes I have, yet we’ve always had similar experiences. Our personalities are so closely-related, it’s a wonder we're not actually blood-related.

Thank you for always having my back, when I have had nobody else. Thank you for giving my advice when my problems are similar to yours, despite our age difference. Lastly, thank you for loving me and never getting too angry or frustrated with me, you’re a true blessing in my life.