An Open Letter to My Guy Best Friend

An Open Letter to My Guy Best Friend

You probably don't want to hear all the reasons why I love you, but I'm going to tell you anyway...
30668

When we first met, I never would have thought that I would be able to call you my best friend. I have had many people walk in and out of my life without making much of an impact on me, but with you, everything is different. You have been the one person who has always stayed true to me, regardless of what I put you through. I have never once questioned your friendship or honesty, mainly because I have never had a reason to.

I know it probably isn’t easy for you to be my best friend. You have to deal with all my complaining, my ups and downs, and most often, my bossiness. I don’t know how you do it, but I am forever grateful that you do. I am sure that you never expected that you'd be the person that I would turn to when I needed someone to talk to. To be honest, I never would have thought you would be the person to cheer me up or help me through a bad time either. However, you are that person for me. You always know how to put me in a better mood. You make fun of me and I yell at you for doing it, and somehow, everything is better.

We have been through much more than most people know, yet somehow we are still here. As much as you drive me crazy, I wouldn’t trade you for the world. Even when we get into arguments, you know I can't stay angry with you for longer than 15 minutes, so you'll change the subject and say something that makes me laugh and forget about everything else. As much as I hate that you trick me into forgetting what I was mad at, I love that I don't have to stay mad at you for long.

Something you probably don’t know is how proud I am of you. I always tell you, “I wish you would stop doing this or why can't you start doing that.” While I may never stop expecting more from you, I do it because I know that you will accomplish whatever you set your mind to. I see so much potential in you that even you may not see yourself. You have taught me to be strong even when it seems impossible, and now I expect the same from you.

I have found that a lot of people do not understand our relationship. They are confused as to how I can be so close with a guy, or how my friendship with you could be worth more to me than my relationships with my girlfriends. The truth is, I don't know how it happened, but you have become one of the most important people in my life.

I really could not imagine a better best friend than you. Whether it be suffering through long road trips or being your emergency contact at doctors appointments, I have enjoyed every second of our friendship. Thank you for always being honest with me. Thank you for teaching me to tough it out and appreciate every part of life. Thank you for dealing me even though I am a pain in your ass.

You drive me crazy but I'll always love you.

Love,

Your Best Friend