An Open Letter To My Future Husband

An Open Letter To My Future Husband

Dear Future Husband...

92
An Open Letter To My Future Husband

Like every typical girl I am always worried about you; I worry about who you are, how you are, what you are doing, and even who you are dating (or even married too) right now. I hope you haven't been married already... I wonder if I have met you yet or if you are off away somewhere I have never heard of.

You could be someone I have known since kindergarten, some guy who I fought with in Dunkin' Donuts a few months ago over a coffee, or a random kid on campus who I have walked by a million times without a thought.

I wonder if you believe whoever you are with right now is the one and will be the one until the day you die. I wonder how many times you have been in love and what you imagine your future looks like. I wonder what you are doing for a job or for school or even if you are in the military.

As nervous but excited as I am for the future to come, there is a lot of things you are going to have to know about me before our arrangements for marriage.

Takes notes, please.

I am very sensitive. I don't like saying that I am sentimental and that everything makes me cry but... It's true. Everything does make me cry. Everything from Bambi's mom dying to watching Demi Lovato on "The Price is Right" makes me cry. I am sentimental in the sense that I have kept a sticker from a summer squash that I received from my grandfather the night before Thanksgiving in 2005 (it is still on the cover of a little tin I have). I have so many little souvenirs from the past I have no intention of getting rid of. I hope we have a big storage shed... Dedicated to my little memories.

I also repeat myself. A lot. I will tell the same story over and over again. Every single time I tell you a story it will be told with the same enthusiasm and excitement just as I told you the first time. There are some stories I know I repeat multiple times to my friends and because they are so great, (most of them) they react like they had never heard it before. As I have said before, I never repeat myself. After I repeat a story, chances are, I will probably tell you I repeat myself and explain that my friends react like they had never heard my story before.

Note: if I say something multiple times, it is probably important to me for some reason, no matter how silly it may seem

I am also very proud. I appreciate the fact you will spend money on me, but I will probably fight you. Pride is a tough pill to swallow for me. I will tell you it's not necessary and get defensive, but I truly do appreciate it. You see, I have had "men" buy things for me and then throw it in my face after as a way to degrade me. I have been shown in my past that it is better to do things myself. I will be defensive of that and be cautious, but I will appreciate all you will do for me. I will adjust. I work very hard for what I have and do not want to feel like a charity case. So please, try to support the need of my pride.

I am a lot to handle sometimes. I have been told multiple times in my life that I am a handful. I can get very loud when I am excited or when I leave work (after talking to deaf old people all day). The volume of my voice is something that you will have to get used to. I cannot whisper for the life of me. My mouth sometimes has issues catching up to my brain and I have a habit of talking a mile a minute. I have a bad habit of doing everything too fast. I walk, talk, eat, and think too fast.

My most embarrassing trait is that I am clumsy. Word that I have tripped and fallen, accidentally hit myself in the face or twisted my ankle by turning a corner will become no new news to you. I am forever tripping and falling. My feet are very heavy when I walk and if I am not careful, I sound like a herd of elephants. I constantly dump and spill things. I accidentally knock things over. I am always in someone's way and messing something up. My family gives me the ironic nickname of "Grace" for a reason. I am a mess. Start saving up for a giant bubble now... Or pretty good house/life/health/everything insurance.

I know it seems like I have posted some negative things, but they are actually qualities that make me, me. So while I am crying over a movie, then laughing and flailing my arms around so hard because I am crying, I knock over the lamp... It will hopefully make you love me so much more.

But in case that doesn't convince you I will be a fabulous wife; I am a great cook. I like to try to cook recipes I see on Facebook like avocado ice cream or buffalo chicken mac and cheese. I am very smart. I am a Dean's List nursing student that is only getting better grades as I go through the program. I am funny. I say the most weird but comical things. I can make almost anybody laugh. I am kind-hearted. I have an absolute heart of gold and love helping people. The best part is that I really love cats so you will probably come home to a new cat every other day! My mom won't let me get away with it, but you will...

Please be patient with me, I am difficult but worth it. I will adjust to you and you will adjust to me. It will be a long and happy road. I just have to find you first... Or realize who you are.

Whatever comes first.

I hope I didn't completely scare you off in this letter to you. I will see you soon, I hope.

Love,
Your Future Wife

PS. I really like my last name so I may have to combine our last names. We will decide when the time comes...

Unless you would take my name? That would be cool. Like I said, we will discuss. No pressure.