An Open Letter To Coffee

An Open Letter To Coffee

"May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short"

6
An Open Letter To Coffee

Alright coffee,

Here's the thing. I feel like this relationship is a tad bit... one-sided. I wish it was more co-dependent, but let's be real here, if I stopped drinking you today would you even notice?

You are one of my first thoughts in the morning. You're an important part of most of my busiest days. And you're important part of my daily ritual in my life.

Some days I think that it would be easier to just quit our relationship. That it would be a lot healthier for me and my new life style. I think how great my life would be without depending on you.

But I've seen people who have quit you before and I don't appreciate the side effects. These people were cranky and whiny without you by their side. They didn't know how to function without having you as part of their everyday world. So I've come to the conclusion that we just need to stick together no matter what.

I need your assistance and your support in my life. You are the fortitude that helps me make it through the rough days in my life. You have been there through out all of my difficult days. Coffee, you were even there when I lived in the library studying my brains out for my final exams.

Quitting you isn't so simple. You see, if I skipped out on coffee in some of my earliest mornings I would drag myself around campus like a zombie. No one would want to tolerate me and my weary words without you. People would tell me that I need to go back to you and realize how better my life is with you, coffee, in it. They would plead for me to get back with out and quit being so negative.

To be honest, I've tried drinking tea instead for a few short weeks, but the relationship just isn't the same. Tea just doesn't have the positive influence on my life that I was hoping that I would have.

It has been make known to me that no matter the day, month, season, or stage of my life, that your presence is necessary. Even though we've had our ups and our downs, coffee, I really do appreciate the little things that you do for me. Without you, my life would be very cold and dark.

I love and appreciate all that you do for me.