An Open Letter To Any Cat Lover

An Open Letter To Any Cat Lover

Some days a girl just needs her furry friends to make her heart feel warm and fuzzy.

185
girl with cat
Personal Photo

My family has always had a true passion for animals, but we are especially fond of that special species called felines.

I do not have a single memory of my childhood that does not involve a cat. When I say my family adores these animals, please believe I mean it to the highest degree.

My dad loves cats. My mom loves cats, my sister loves cats, and my brother-in-law just recently became a cat daddy. I mean you have got to understand that this HUGE.

Our love for cats is a generational phenomenon. My grandparents all love cats. My uncles all have cats. My cousins all have cats. One could easily see that we take our love for cats seriously.

Since I have moved out of my parents' house, my love for kitties has only grown. Anytime that I get to go back home, I immediately jump out of the car, because my cats are right outside of my door because they miss me as much I miss them.

I currently have two cats. Tiger, my little old but still sassy cat, and Stuart, who goes by "Stewy" for short and always drools when you pet him. They have my heart I tell ya.

They love to come inside with me and eat treats out of my hand and just enjoy all of the attention. My parents are constantly sending me pictures of them, sometimes without me even asking, because they just know that I utterly adore them.

Tiger and Stuart are special companions for me. They know when I am happy, sad, or tired. I especially love that they curl up with me for naps.

They will meow a lot when I keep getting up to do things and all they want is to be held. They will sit in front of their water bowl until I give them fresh water from the sink (they are treated like royalty if you could not tell). They are sometimes all I need when I come home on the weekends.

I know that I will always have a cat in my life to be a furry companion. Marrying a man that is allergic to cats is simply not an option unless he is willing to compromise and get his allergies taken care of.

If you do not like cats, I completely understand, but please give them a try.

p.s. I am about to go home for spring break and you best believe that my kit-cats are about to be spoiled rotten.