An Open Letter To My Lost Motivation

An Open Letter To My Lost Motivation

Where art thou? Seriously, though.

96
An Open Letter To My Lost Motivation
pexels.com

Dear Motivation,

It's been a while since we last talked but I thought it was time we had a little chat. I have a bone to pick with you.

But before I start I have one question... where the hell have you been?

I not only have final tests but I also have final labs, final projects, and final essays due soon. You have been missing in action and I don't appreciate it. On top of that, I have to pack and move all of my stuff before move out date while studying for finals while trying to get everything situated for next semester while trying to find a summer job because I am a broke college student. Don't even get me started with my lack of motivation to exercise.

Was it because I neglected you? I know I've been spending a lot of time with Netflix but it's not my fault they're making more "Gilmore Girls" episodes. Or that there are so many Disney movies on Netflix now.

Or did you leave me because I can never watch just one vine but end up watching about fifty because they're hilarious?

Maybe you left because my Twitter timeline is more interesting than my final research paper.

I think what really put you over the edge was the fact that I purposely go out of my way to find interesting things on the "uncool" place called Facebook. I can't help it that after seven years I'm still addicted to Facebook. I'm glad I got that off of my chest.

Regardless of why you left, my life is one, big, debacle right now with my piles of dirty laundry and my to-do list that grows after I think I have accomplished something. When I feel overwhelmed with life do you want to know what I sit there and say to myself? I say, "Wow. I really wish I had motivation." But guess what? You are nowhere to be found.

You didn't even really give me a notice you just left. At the worst time, too. What exactly were you thinking?

Because of your lack of presence in my extremely busy, stressed-out, overwhelmed life, I have found myself in a horrible situation. Without motivation, there is procrastination and where there is procrastination there is more stress. I could sit here and search how to find my motivation or even read a book about it but quite frankly I lack the MOTIVATION to do this. Do you see what my life has come to? I'm honestly just hoping you'll come back soon because I never thought I'd say this but I need you.

I need you more than Dwight K. Schrute needs beets. I need you more than Meredith Grey needs McDreamy. And if that's not saying something then I'm at a loss for words.

What I'm trying to say is my life is in shambles without you. Please come back.

Sincerely,

The Stressed Out College Student Who Has A Billion Things To Do In Less Than A Week