To The Girl Thinking Of Going Back To Her Ex

Don't. It's not worth it.

87

Dear anyone thinking about going back to their ex,

Don't.

I promise you, it's not worth it. This may sound harsh, but they're an ex for a reason.

I know it's hard to be single after a long term relationship, to go into that scary world all alone and you feel like you have no one to lean on. But, it's actually so freeing when you realize you left because you weren't happy anymore. And I'm proud of you. So to any girl that can relate, this is for you.

First off, good for you. I know it can be scary, but ending a long term relationship is a hard step to take. But you took that step. Realizing you aren't happy and caring about your happiness over anyone's is truly a rewarding feeling. And you're on your way to being a more happy, independent person.

The first few months are going to be hard. You're going to hate not texting him about every little detail of your life day in and day out, you're going to hate being alone, hate the thought of being single.

Listen, I've been through it. You love him. So much, you think you need him. But, you are a very strong female and you will not settle for anything less than what you deserve. And you believe that too, right?

^^^ that's not always the case, either. I know.

But, you are going to love hanging out with your girlfriends, and doing what you want on the weekends. You are going to love the independent girl you are becoming…you're going to start seeing yourself so much happier.

But at times you're going to get lonely, you're going to want to pick up the phone and call your ex, apologize for the things you didn't do, and try to make everything okay again. But before you do that, stop. Listen to me.

You don't need him. While it might seem so comfortable to get back with your ex, like I said, he is your ex for a reason. Something happened to make you realize you weren't happy, you realized you shouldn't be taken for granted and that you matter. Do not let anyone define happiness, create it on your own.

You'll eventually find someone who knows your worth, treats you how you're supposed to be treated and respects you. Cares for you intensely. But until then, never settle for anything less. You can do this on your own. You can live your life by yourself. Even if it's scary at times, it's also so much fun.

You will start to feel so much better, and when you finally receive the happiness you deserve from someone else, you will cherish that happiness. Trust me, I know. I am living proof.

It gets so much better.

So, now that you've listened, put the phone down. You don't need him.

XOXO,

Hannah