An Open Letter To My Field Classroom

An Open Letter To My Field Classroom

Thanks for giving me an experience I'll love forever.

25
An Open Letter To My Field Classroom
Google Images

Dear Fourth Graders,

Thank you for giving me the best student teaching experience I've had so far. You didn't have to welcome me into your classroom, but you did. You kept track of the days I would show up in your classroom and begged me to quit university classes to spend all day in fourth grade. You greeted me with hugs and left me with hugs. You saved M&M's for me in your sticky hands

Thanks for teaching me how to play your games. I hope I taught you that I'm not the only teacher, but that each of you can be one, too. Your patience, smiles, and answers to my questions were in true teacher style. I hope I taught you that you'll always be a learner. I learned from you everyday. I learned that life may be rough, but that you can still show up and do your best. I learned that second chances are okay. I learned that sometimes you just need a hug and a bit of space and that you'll tell me about what's bothering you if I give you some room.

I hope that I taught you as much as you taught me. Just like you, I wish that I could spend all day everyday in fourth grade. Believe me, you were so much better than university classes! Maybe I'll come back in the future as your teacher, but until then, hugs, smiles, and best wishes are being sent your way!

Affectionately,

Miss Keller