An Open Letter To Anyone Struggling

An Open Letter To Anyone Struggling

We get how it feels when it seems like you'll never get where you want to be.

206
An Open Letter To Anyone Struggling
Alice Brightsky

We’ve been there. It seems like no matter what you do, you can’t get ahead.No matter how badly you want something, or how hard you work for whatever your goal is, you reach a point when you feel like caving. You feel like you’ll never get your ducks in a row. Hell, at some point, you feel like you don’t even have ducks. You have monkeys, and it seems like they’re all up to sort of business. You take a couple looks around you, and everyone else seems so . . .happy. So put together. Like their lives are going exactly the way they want. You constantly ask yourself, What am I doing wrong? Why do I keep taking 2 steps forward to get knocked 3 steps back? Maybe it’s the way the cards are drawn. Maybe some people have more dumb luck than others.

Well, to tell you the truth, maybe that’s exactly where many of us go wrong. So many times, we catch ourselves so caught up in wondering why everyone else’s lives seem so flawless and put together, that we neglect the ongoing in our own lives that need our attention. There will come a point when you have to stop being so concerned with why other peoples lives are the way they are, and focus on your own life. If you aren’t happy, do something about it. Don’t spend all your time and energy wondering why you aren’t where you want to be. Instead, invest in doing something that will help better yourself and get you where you want to be.

One thing you have to realize is that the struggle is part of the journey. When we look at those people who seem so put together, we often don’t see what they had to go through to get to that point. All those late nights, early mornings, and all those moments when you feel like you just want to rip your hair out will pay off eventually. And you can’t rush it. Just because something happens for one person at a certain point in their life, doesn’t mean you have to do it exactly the same way. Do what’s right for you, when it’s right for you. One day, it’ll all make sense. Keep your head down and focus on getting your own monkeys to behave, and before you know it, you’ll get there.