One Ring Later

One Ring Later

One ring later and people are still calling Tom Brady a cheater and a liar.

38
One Ring Later
https://unsplash.com/photos/B4XZxcZcTsI

I grew up in Milton, Massachusetts, a small town just south of Boston. I grew up a Red Sox fan, a Bruins fan, and most of all, a Patriots fan. I didn't think much of sports when I was little because honestly, I didn't understand much of it. Football was always a mystery to me, and going to baseball games was cool because I got to go to Fenway, but I was always bored out of my mind sitting there for hours.

Since being at Villanova, I have become a little bit more educated on sports. Although Nova's mainly a basketball school, I think it has opened my eyes up to a variety of different sports. I grew up playing soccer, so I have a good understanding of sports that are similar to soccer, but anything with a bat, stick, or chest pads? That all went right over my head.

It's hard being from Boston and now going to school so close to Philadelphia. It's not a good idea to show Boston pride, because odds are someone will say something about that ~stupid~ Brady jersey, because he's obviously in cahoots with all of the refs, isn't he? He obviously cheats his way to the top, right? I respect hard-working teams, and all professional athletes work incredibly hard to make their teams proud. I find it hard, however, to have a nice conversation with someone who can't appreciate talent.

One ring later and people are still calling Tom Brady a cheater and a liar. People are still getting so caught up in team pride that they can't appreciate a good game of football (even though this was one of the most boring Super Bowls ever). I think that instead of bringing down the team that wins, it's important to acknowledge the fact that behind all the trophies and excitement is a team that has worked tirelessly to achieve this win.

Good training and hard work pays off, and it's time to look past rivalries and competition. Let's all appreciate talent and dedication rather than pushing it away.