One of Rap's Most Unpredictable Moments

One of Rap's Most Unpredictable Moments

Two music greats butt heads, I may be very dramatic but looks like it's the beginning of the end here.

4
One of Rap's Most Unpredictable Moments
Respect Mag

I never thought I would see the day when this moment would come but by the looks of things is seems like Kanye West and Kid Cudi are really fighting with one another, I would include Drake in the equation but honestly consider him to be irrelevant because he literally seems to engage in issues with people for no reason at all.

It all started when Cudi started posting cryptic messages on his twitter account like the one's that can be found below. Cudi is not one to conceal his feelings especially not for the benefit of looking out for other people's feelings. Rather than pretend to be happy and continue to remain in a friendship that was not benefiting him he aired out his dirty laundry via Twitter and let everyone in on his thoughts.

I am a longtime fan of both Kanye and Cudi but in this situation I'm going to side with Cudi, I may not know the gist of the situation but based on the response that Kanye has given at his concerts through his rants that he's done in the past and the present I think that sometimes his ego can get the best of him. Saying things like "Don't ever mention Ye's name, I birthed you" have done nothing to add positivity to the situation or even make it seem like Kanye is even the least bit genuine to Cudi.

While I definitely do feel that the two artists have had a massive influence on one another despite no longer being on the same record label I do not feel that it is fair to say that Cudi ever needed Kanye except for the exposure that he was able to award him. Kid Cudi music's is of its own genre and through him many of today's rappers such as Travis Scott made themselves more open towards trying out different sounds in their music. Travis Scott is my opinion is like the lovechild of Kanye and Cudi.

All in all the two need to put their issues aside and make up for the greater good. I can't imagine a world where the joint team is missing in action. When they are together they are at their best. I'd certainly look forward to a Cudi and Kanye album way before I would stan over a Drake and Kanye album. Drake is a great artist and everything but it is undeniable that it pretty much all started with Ye and Cudi.

I also feel like a lot of people are going to downplay what Cudi was speaking on in his tweets but if you really think about it big industry heads like Kanye and Birdman that have massive amounts of influence let their ego's get the best of them and then they forget that they're dealign with humans that also have feelings. Non one ever wants to feel like they are the subordinate. I can only imagine how hard it must've been on the business aspect of things as well when you consider the fact that individual artists have very little jurisdiction over their art aside from their label company. It's even possible that Cudi might feel like an outcast because of all the risks he's taken in his music combined with his tumultuous relationship with life's obstacles. He's just figuring things out like the rest of us are and honestly I commend him for it.