You Don't Need A Lot Of Friends In College
Friendships

Don't Worry About Having A Big Group In College, You Only Need One True Friend

Real friends are more important than having a lot of friendships that do not mean as much.

335
two smiling laughing best college girl friends

Coming to college, many students feel as though they need to find their group. Whether it be through clubs, classes, or anything else, the college environment makes it feel like there is something wrong if you do not have this big group of friends. College is a whole new world with new pressures, and friends are just one of them.

With more free time doing work or going to clubs, you can feel lonely at first when you find yourself alone among organized groups of people. You may feel like you are doing something wrong, but you are not. The truth is, you really do not need this big group of friends. All you really need is one true friend to spend your time with.

Ever hear of the saying "quality over quantity"? This definitely applies when it comes to friends. In any set of circumstances, it is better to have great people who you enjoy spending time with, rather than simply gathering a group that you may feel no real connection with. Do not compare yourself to others and feel like you need to have a certain amount of friends or know a lot of people, live in a way that makes you happy.

I have spent so much of my own time doubting myself or feeling like I am doing something wrong because of how different my experience has been from others. But it is important to know that everyone is different and as long as you found at least one true friend to spend your time with, there is no reason to put yourself down. Do not feel forced to fill yourself with people just for the sake of it. True friendships will always mean more than fake ones, and that is one of the best things to remember.