One Direction's Legacy Should Never Die, Not That It Ever Will

Back in 2010, a new boy band was brought into the music world by none other than Simon Cowell. These five boys from the UK all auditioned for The X-Factor as solo artists, but Cowell had the brilliant idea to put them together as a group. Thus, One Direction was born and basically took over the music industry all across the world for the next five years.

Over the course of these five years, the band reached monumental fame in many different countries and gained thousands upon millions of fans. I, myself, being one of these fans, this one English band became a huge influence in music and in all of its fans. Girls of all ages falling in love with these English boys and buying all of their songs and merchandise all because they're a couple of good looking guys with accents and good voice. I fell for this hard and got my heart broken by all of them in the year 2015. For those of you who don't know, 2015 was the last year One Direction was together as a band.

In March of 2015, Zayn Malik decided to leave the band and continue as a solo act in the music world. This left millions of fan devastated because they didn't know where this left the band. Thankfully, the other four members remained a band and still released an album without their 5th bandmate. Their last studio album, "Made in the A.M.," was released later that year on November 13th. About a month later, the band performed their last show as a group and told the world they'd be taking an 18-month hiatus from the group and the music industry. This broke even more hearts than Zayn did leaving the band months earlier. It's been almost four years since the band broke up, and we have no idea whether or not they'll be back together in the following years. Recently, the band has became a trend in the app TikTok, where people make funny videos relating to One Direction and life as a Directioner, which is what their fanbase calls themselves.

Because of their trending on TikTok, it's gotten everyone thinking about them again and missing the times when they were a band. I know for me I've been listening to them a lot more now than I have since they broke up, and it sparks all the old memories and obsessions teenage me had over them. They still remain as one of the most famous boy bands in history, which they should considering all the fame and glory they've received in the last nine years. But who knows, maybe they'll pull a Jonas Brothers move and come back together for the fans. We can only hope for a One Direction reunion.