Reasons 'Once Upon A Time' Needs To Be On Your Netflix List

8 Reasons 'Once Upon A Time' Needs To Be On Your Netflix List

Magic always comes at a price, and so does your Netflix bill.

7

Netflix is famous for being my #1 procrastination spot. As a college kid, I can get all of my homework out of the way, or I can divide my MacBook screen into two and have an episode going while I work (shh...don't tell my mom). And the "Netflixing" never ends because I have a Netflix list. You probably have one too without even realizing it. It's that list you've created, either in your head or on paper, of all the TV shows and movies you have to watch on Netflix. The most recent show that I'm hooked on, no pun intended for fans of the show, is "Once Upon A Time." Here are 10 reasons you should TOTALLY watch it if you haven't already:

1. The fairytales, duh!

It has all the classic fairytales we think of when we think of "happily ever after." Cinderella and all the princesses, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Pinnochio, Rumplestiltskin, Anna and Elsa, etc. However, they all come with a twist.

2. John Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin.

The pair play one of the main couples on the show, Snow White and Prince Charming. Turns out they have such good chemistry and destiny that they fell in love after starting the show. Now they're married with two children. So cute!

3. Storybrooke.

While the Evil Queen may have sent all of the fairytale characters to the real world to punish them, Storybrooke is anything but a punishment to me. It's set in Maine and is a fictional, but quaint, town. I've always wanted to go to Maine; maybe it'll look somewhat like the show.

4. The actors.

I think the only actor I knew of before the show was Bailee Madison, who plays the young Snow White. And that was only because she did cameos on Disney Channel and in some of my favorite Hallmark movies. Now, thanks to the shows AMAZING actors, I have new talents to follow. Like the dreamy Colin O'Donoghue.

5. The special effects.

Granted, when the show first started, it was 2011, so CGI wasn't the greatest. However, as the show has progressed, everything from the magic spells to the ships in Neverland looks much better. And there's definitely something fantastical about this series!

6. The costumes.

Much like the scenery, the costumes are simply extraordinary. There are flowing ball gowns, knights armor, 21st-century clothing - practically anything you can think of!

7. Almost the entire show is on Netflix.

There are eight seasons in total, and seven of them are already on Netflix. So you don't even have to search around the ABC website to try and find them or buy every box set from the store.

8. The idea that fairytales are real.

Whoever decided to tell kids that fairytales aren't true. The Easter bunny is one thing, but the tradition of Santa is real (look it up). Why can't fairytales be real? Lord knows we need more magic and hope in this generation than we may be willing to admit.

"Once Upon A Time" is definitely an escapism show. It deals with so many true-to-life emotions, but it's also something you can watch and just lose yourself in. It's truly that magical of an experience.