Once Again

Once Again

Stuck Behind a Wall
0

Land of the free and the

home of the

brave.

This meant something

until we were made a

joke.

A century ago we welcomed

foreigners to our

country.

Today there are men saying

that walls should be

built.

People from all cultures taught us

what it meant to be

American.

They had come from countries where

they were enslaved and

hated.

Our cities and hearts were full of

diversity only a century

ago.

We had always been the land of opportunity but

when did that land become filled with

despair?

Wake up, please,

the citizens of

America!

stop the hate and racism against

those who do not look like

yourself.

Stop the humiliation imposed on those if

their religion is not the same as

yours.

The violence against our fellow humans

must stop now before it is

irreversible.

Humans are all unique, our cultures are

diverse, and our history is

colorful.

Accepting each other is the only way

to achieve peace between our

lands.

We might still have a chance to once again

be the land of the free and home of the

brave.

Our worlds will collide, but the culture

born from it will be rich and

beautiful.

The children will run and play freely without

fear as such in the times of

yesteryear.

Why build a wall when we can support and

help people who are truly

suffering.

Without love and acceptance, American

will never be made great

again.

Cover Image Credit: Loren Jones

I'm A Woman And You Can't Convince Me Breastfeeding In Public Is OK In 2019

Sorry, not sorry.

59212

Lately, I have seen so many people going off on social media about how people shouldn't be upset with mothers breastfeeding in public. You know what? I disagree.

There's a huge difference between being modest while breastfeeding and just being straight up careless, trashy and disrespectful to those around you. Why don't you try popping out a boob without a baby attached to it and see how long it takes for you to get arrested for public indecency? Strange how that works, right?

So many people talking about it bring up the point of how we shouldn't "sexualize" breastfeeding and seeing a woman's breasts while doing so. Actually, all of these people are missing the point. It's not sexual, it's just purely immodest and disrespectful.

If you see a girl in a shirt cut too low, you call her a slut. If you see a celebrity post a nude photo, you call them immodest and a terrible role model. What makes you think that pulling out a breast in the middle of public is different, regardless of what you're doing with it?

If I'm eating in a restaurant, I would be disgusted if the person at the table next to me had their bare feet out while they were eating. It's just not appropriate. Neither is pulling out your breast for the entire general public to see.

Nobody asked you to put a blanket over your kid's head to feed them. Nobody asked you to go feed them in a dirty bathroom. But you don't need to basically be topless to feed your kid. Growing up, I watched my mom feed my younger siblings in public. She never shied away from it, but the way she did it was always tasteful and never drew attention. She would cover herself up while doing it. She would make sure that nothing inappropriate could be seen. She was lowkey about it.

Mindblowing, right? Wait, you can actually breastfeed in public and not have to show everyone what you're doing? What a revolutionary idea!

There is nothing wrong with feeding your baby. It's something you need to do, it's a part of life. But there is definitely something wrong with thinking it's fine to expose yourself to the entire world while doing it. Nobody wants to see it. Nobody cares if you're feeding your kid. Nobody cares if you're trying to make some sort of weird "feminist" statement by showing them your boobs.

Cover up. Be modest. Be mindful. Be respectful. Don't want to see my boobs? Good, I don't want to see yours either. Hard to believe, I know.