Once Again

Once Again

Stuck Behind a Wall
0

Land of the free and the

home of the

brave.

This meant something

until we were made a

joke.

A century ago we welcomed

foreigners to our

country.

Today there are men saying

that walls should be

built.

People from all cultures taught us

what it meant to be

American.

They had come from countries where

they were enslaved and

hated.

Our cities and hearts were full of

diversity only a century

ago.

We had always been the land of opportunity but

when did that land become filled with

despair?

Wake up, please,

the citizens of

America!

stop the hate and racism against

those who do not look like

yourself.

Stop the humiliation imposed on those if

their religion is not the same as

yours.

The violence against our fellow humans

must stop now before it is

irreversible.

Humans are all unique, our cultures are

diverse, and our history is

colorful.

Accepting each other is the only way

to achieve peace between our

lands.

We might still have a chance to once again

be the land of the free and home of the

brave.

Our worlds will collide, but the culture

born from it will be rich and

beautiful.

The children will run and play freely without

fear as such in the times of

yesteryear.

Why build a wall when we can support and

help people who are truly

suffering.

Without love and acceptance, American

will never be made great

again.

Cover Image Credit: Loren Jones

The Trump Presidency Is Over

Say hello to President Mike Pence.

43327

Remember this date: August 21, 2018.

This was the day that two of President Donald Trump's most-important associates were convicted on eight counts each, and one directly implicated the president himself.

Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for a few months in 2016, but the charges brought against him don't necessarily implicate Trump. However, they are incredibly important considering was is one of the most influential people in the Trump campaign and picked Mike Pence to be the vice presidential candidate.

Manafort was convicted on five counts of tax fraud, two counts of bank fraud, and one count of failure to file a report of a foreign bank account. And it could have been even worse. The jury was only unanimous on eight counts while 10 counts were declared a mistrial.

Michael Cohen, Trump's personal lawyer, told a judge that Trump explicitly instructed him to break campaign-finance laws by paying two women not to publicly disclose the affairs they had with Trump. Those two women are believed to be Karen McDougal, a Playboy model, and Stormy Daniels, a pornstar. Trump had an affair with both while married to his current wife, Melania.

And then to no surprise, Fox News pundits spun this in the only way they know how. Sara Carter on Hannity said that the FBI and the Department of Justice are colluding as if it's some sort of deep-state conspiracy. Does someone want to tell her that the FBI is literally a part of the DOJ?

The Republican Party has for too long let Trump get away with criminal behavior, and it's long past time to, at the very least, remove Mr. Trump from office.

And then Trump should face the consequences for the crimes he has committed. Yes, Democrats have a role, too. But Republicans have control of both chambers of Congress, so they head every committee. They have the power to subpoena Trump's tax returns, which they have not. They have the power to subpoena key witnesses in their Russia investigations, which they have not.

For the better part of a year I have been asking myself what is the breaking point with Republicans and Trump. It does not seem like there is one, so for the time being we're stuck with a president who paid off two women he had an affair with in an attempt to influence a United States election.

Imagine for a second that any past president had done even a fraction of what Trump has.

Barack Obama got eviscerated for wearing a tan suit. If he had affairs with multiple women, then Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell would be preparing to burn him at the stake. If they won't, then Trump's enthusiastic would be more than happy to do so.

For too long we've been saying that Trump is heading down a road similar to Nixon, but it's evident now that we're way past that point. Donald Trump now has incriminating evidence against him to prove he's a criminal, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller is just getting started.

Will Trump soften the blow and resign in disgrace before impeachment like Nixon did? Knowing his fragile ego, there's honestly no telling what he'll do. But it's high time Trump leaves an office he never should have entered in the first place.