Once Again

Once Again

Stuck Behind a Wall
0

Land of the free and the

home of the

brave.

This meant something

until we were made a

joke.

A century ago we welcomed

foreigners to our

country.

Today there are men saying

that walls should be

built.

People from all cultures taught us

what it meant to be

American.

They had come from countries where

they were enslaved and

hated.

Our cities and hearts were full of

diversity only a century

ago.

We had always been the land of opportunity but

when did that land become filled with

despair?

Wake up, please,

the citizens of

America!

stop the hate and racism against

those who do not look like

yourself.

Stop the humiliation imposed on those if

their religion is not the same as

yours.

The violence against our fellow humans

must stop now before it is

irreversible.

Humans are all unique, our cultures are

diverse, and our history is

colorful.

Accepting each other is the only way

to achieve peace between our

lands.

We might still have a chance to once again

be the land of the free and home of the

brave.

Our worlds will collide, but the culture

born from it will be rich and

beautiful.

The children will run and play freely without

fear as such in the times of

yesteryear.

Why build a wall when we can support and

help people who are truly

suffering.

Without love and acceptance, American

will never be made great

again.

Cover Image Credit: Loren Jones

6 Things You Should Know About The Woman Who Can't Stand Modern Feminism

Yes, she wants to be heard too.

101242

2018 is sort of a trap for this woman. She believes in women with all of the fire inside of her, but it is hard for her to offer support when people are making fools of themselves and disguising it as feminism.

The fact of the matter is that women possess qualities that men don't and men possess qualities that women don't. That is natural. Plus, no one sees men parading the streets in penis costumes complaining that they don't get to carry their own fetus for nine months.

1. She really loves and values women.

She is incredibly proud to be a woman.

She knows the amount of power than a woman's presence alone can hold. She sees when a woman walks into a room and makes the whole place light up. She begs that you won't make her feel like a "lady hater" because she doesn't want to follow a trend that she doesn't agree with.

2. She wants equality, too

She has seen the fundamental issues in the corporate world, where women and men are not receiving equal pay.

She doesn't cheer on the businesses that don't see women and men as equivalents. But she does recognize that if she works her butt off, she can be as successful as she wants to.

3. She wears a bra.

While she knows the "I don't have to wear a bra for society" trend isn't a new one, but she doesn't quite get it. Like maybe she wants to wear a bra because it makes her feel better. Maybe she wears a bra because it is the normal things to do... And that's OK.

Maybe she wants to put wear a lacy bra and pretty makeup to feel girly on .a date night. She is confused by the women who claim to be "fighting for women," because sometimes they make her feel bad for expressing her ladyhood in a different way than them.

4. She hates creeps just as much as you do. .

Just because she isn't a feminist does not mean that she is cool with the gruesome reality that 1 in 5 women are sexually abused.

In fact, this makes her stomach turn inside out to think about. She knows and loves people who have been through such a tragedy and wants to put the terrible, creepy, sexually charged criminals behind bars just as bad as the next woman.

Remember that just because she isn't a feminist doesn't mean she thinks awful men can do whatever they want.

5. There is a reason she is ashamed of 2018's version of feminism.

She looks at women in history who have made a difference and is miserably blown away by modern feminism's performance.

Not only have women in the past won themselves the right to vote, but also the right to buy birth control and have credit cards in their names and EVEN saw marital rape become a criminal offense.

None of them dressed in vagina costumes to win anyone over though... Crazy, right?

6. She isn't going to dress in a lady parts costume to prove a point.

This leaves her speechless. It is like the women around her have absolutely lost their minds and their agendas, only lessening their own credibility.

"Mom, what are those ladies on TV dressed up as?"

"Ummm... it looks to me like they are pink taco's honey."

She loves who she is and she cherished what makes her different from the men around her. She doesn't want to compromise who she is as a woman just so she can be "equal with men."