3 Tricks To Keep You On Track For Success In The New Year

Get yourself together this year and succeed. I promise, you can do it.

84
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-white-stylus-768472/

As the New Year approaches, we begin making a list of our qualities that we want to change or improve upon. If you are anything like me, you do not set New Year's Resolutions, but rather set goals for yourself throughout the new year. We are all familiar with the futility of setting New Year's Resolutions. When we set these goals for ourselves, we typically follow through for about a week and then return to our old ways. We are creatures of habit so this is not surprising. If you want to break years of stagnated goals, I have some ideas for you.

1. Keep a Journal.

Keeping a journal can be a great way to monitor your progress and keep yourself accountable. Earlier this year, I started a bullet journal which is a type of journaling that also acts as a planning mechanism. I have been able to plan my days while also reflecting on each day. There are so many different ways to set up your bullet journal which is wonderful for those who just want to get their feet wet with this type of journaling.

2. Use a Habit Tracker.

If bullet journaling seems like a tedious task, I would suggest using a habit tracker of some sort. A habit tracker is a good way, like bullet journaling, to keep yourself accountable. Tracking your habits will help you create healthy habits and eliminate negative habits. Habit trackers help me especially because of the competition it creates. Habit trackers basically operate like Snapchat streaks which is something most of us stay pretty loyal to.

3. Create a Mood Board.

Okay, so I absolutely love mood boards. Mood boards are typically used by creatives to find inspiration for a new project, but aren't we all creatives? I typically just use Pinterest to assemble some of my goals for the year. Whether it be self-organization, better study habits, or fitness, Pinterest has it all. Mood boards are a great tool to visualize what you are working toward and what you will accomplish.

Whichever method you choose, I guarantee that you will be slightly more successful this year. Adopt some healthy habits, shed the negative ones. Find some inspiration, put your mind to it, and succeed.