10 Jack Keroauc Quotes That Sum Up Life

10 Jack Keroauc Quotes That Sum Up Life

The "On the Road" author has pearls of wisdom for every aspect of life.

26
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhlau/36453896526/in/photolist-XxiKpm-28FLf4F-JX61TB-272ZKKA-2cKdmgc-28FoBep-PRAwWQ-aKePHc-212N12s-AvZZJi-D27xPZ-nYwqpc-NQMzbU-23kCqAb-V883yt-RPbExE-2gyYD1m-LRzVNR-2gzK6mF-riyfCu-nDP7eT-WWfhu3-Ty1bWw-xXQ1qf-2eU5Wm9-FFtiV3-QMQBv2-YEWYBh-2c65ezr-UHE9qU-qbyDLu-FtoBSE-LM7EvU-SGyoJU-R321sA-2adXcd5-2hHqBkr-842v4h-Mk2B6k-JfzETv-GCyKwy-2dcLhWL-2hunrXs-own59k-29M4uJ9-2gSuUCG-UWP3RY-CHRZ1u-NWZPf5-DaFSK2
a.canvas.of.light

Anything can take you back in time and help you reflect. A song on the radio takes you back to summer nights or a good book guides you to that time where you just sat in front of a window on a snowy day. But to me, some of the more timeless things are quotes that last forever. Jack Keroauc, author of "On the Road," has some good ones that have stayed with me for so many years and literally describe more than just

On wanderlust: "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars" 

Because nothing feels quite as nice as knowing that you are just a leaf in the wind. There is a whole wide world out there to explore so why not just keep on rolling under the stars?

On letting go: "I was surprised, as always, by how easy the active of leaving was, and how good it felt. The world was suddenly rich with possibility" 

The act of leaving is so freeing that sometimes when you open your eyes after leaving someone or something that you are finally seeing all the possibilities that exist. It’s a feeling that leaves you breathless and constantly wanting more out of life.

On passions: “My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.”

There is not such a thing as having too many passions but not knowing which to go for first is always hard. The one thing I’ve learned in this short life is the idea that a passion will only ever seem fulfilling when I see it through whether it ends in failure or not. No matter what I will always try to live a life full of passions and the time to chase as many as of those as possible.

On love: "Will you love me in December as you do in May?"

Love is fleeting and often hard to keep on holding on. If a person is meant to be in your life, they will love you always no matter what you do or say. It's a rarity to find relationships like that.

On books: "I'm going to marry my novels and have little short stories for children."

Because honestly, who doesn't love books and want to marry them. Novels, short stories, and poems, take people to far off lands and places that are far more interesting than the here and now.

On purpose: "Finding Nirvana is like locating silence."

Nirvana comes when you know your purpose and everyone wants to know what their purpose is in life. Why are they here? What makes them a good contribution to the world? But maybe sometimes the answer is to stumble upon your purpose and then you'll know.

On hope: "Something good will come of all things yet."

Hope keeps things interesting and alive. It staves off death and despair like a lamp in the middle of a dark room. Everyone hopes for good things to come out of bad things and if people didn't hope, then there wouldn't be a real sense of purpose.

On growing up: "I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future." 

People come to the crossroads of their life when they realize that they have grown up and mature. It doesn't have to be a scary occurrence, but rather it can be just a slight acknowledgement as you are passing through.

On freedom: "Better to sleep in an uncomfortable bed free than sleep in a comfortable bed unfree."

Freedom is an uncomfortable process to get through. To be comfortable means you could be setting for what looks like your freedom rather than what actually could be real freedom.

On being present: "Be in love with your life. Every minute of it."

With technology we are wired for instant gratification and waiting for the next best thing. Sometimes it matters about this minute and the details surrounding it because you tend to appreciate it more than just a fleeting thought.