Your 80-Year-Old Self Will Only Care About Love

Nothing in this world matters except for love. This I know for sure.

433
Anna Kayser

Above all, you have to love. Love love love. Nothing in this world matters except for the relationships that we have with others. Your phone doesn't matter, your clothes don't matter, your favorite television show doesn't matter. Love matters. Feeling loved and giving love matters. Love love love.

Throughout all that you do, think of your 80-year-old self. I picture myself in Hawaii in my beachside home (that is white with deep blue window panes of course), sitting in a rocking chair while the sun is setting, looking out through my ginormous windows, reading a book. What will I think of as I am sitting there? Will I think of how grateful I am that I spent the days of my youth watching Netflix? No! Of course not!

I'm going to be thinking of how lucky I was to go to the beach and spend time with my friends that I love and my parents who I love and how loved I was and how much I loved back. This is what you will think of, too. All of your problems right now? They won't matter in the future. No one will remember who posted on social media about who. No one will care about if Susan started to gossip about you. The only thing that you or any of us will care about is how we felt when we were loved.

We need love. The everyday trials and tribulations that we face, the stress that we feel, and the hardships that arise in our lives cannot be fought alone. We need a support group. We need to surround ourselves with people who love us; who will lift us up when we feel as though we cannot stand. Do not settle for anything less than love. Those who only love you when you are at your peaks do not deserve to love you at all if they cannot stay throughout your valleys.

Don't take the people in your life for granted, and don't spend time with people that you don't love! You will find those who love you above all else. You will find those who will be selfless in their love for you, and who you are willing to be selfless for, too. Spend your time with these people. Constantly remind them how much you love them. Time is fleeting; people move and while you see someone every day now, you might not be able to soon. Love while you can. Love like it's the only thing you know how to do. This is the most important thing in life. Don't waste your time doing anything else. Just love.