Older Brothers: One Of God's Greatest Gifts

My biggest fans and greatest role models.

24

There's no bond like the one between siblings. Being the baby of my family, there aren't many more people in the world that I look up to more than my three older brothers. Having older brothers is honestly one of the biggest blessings in my life. Whether its just hanging out with them or relying on them for everything, there is an endless list in my mind of why having older brothers is so incredible.

1. You always have someone to hang out with.

Some of my best memories come from just sitting around my house with my brothers. Whether we were in the backyard having one of our famous whiffle ball battles or playing countless hours of board games, I was never bored and home alone, which is something I'll always be thankful for.

2. No Valentines Day was spent alone.

Whether I was single or not, I knew I could always expect a present at school or when I got home. I can remember one specific time in middle school that my boyfriend broke up with me on Valentines Day (I know, I still hate him), but I came home that day to a life size teddy bear and all the chocolate I could imagine. Dozens of flowers, pounds of chocolate, and even a few dinner dates later, I will always love that holiday, because the men in my life never let it go by without making me feel special.

3. 24/7 Bodyguards

There's really nowhere safer for me to be than with my dad or my brothers. Even though two of them have been married for a few years, I'm still always one of the first things they check up on. They shoot me texts or call me to check in when I'm away at school and when we are together, my needs have always come first. Even when they hate me, they are always looking after me. I have never known true sadness, because one of the three of them was always there to step and shield from the pain of the world around me.

4. There's always a shoulder to cry on.

The amount of tears that my brothers have wiped away are infinite. Whether we all went through a loss of someone we loved together or my heart was broken by high school drama, my brothers were always right there catching the tears and saying "Who do I need to beat up?" There's no feeling like being wrapped up in a big hug by one of them when I'm feeling low.

5. Having your own advice column.

When stumbling upon doing something stupid, I always had someone to turn to and ask if I should do that or not. Growing up has been so much easier being able to dial a number and ask the hard questions to someone I love. Even better, when I went ahead and did the really stupid thing, I always had someone to turn to and say "Have you done this before and how do I get out of it?" They always covered for me and gave me countless ways to turn situations around.

There were times when I'm sure they wanted to kill me and I probably tagged along too often for them, but those aren't times that I can remember. I only remember the good from these men, because there was so much of it. I couldn't be prouder to be the little sister of those three dudes and I will always appreciate the life they've made possible.