Awesome retro items!

5 Retro Items I would Still Use On The Daily And 3 That Need To Stay In The Past

"Retro" meaning 80's and older.

81
https://pixabay.com/en/retro-woman-kitchen-housewife-1353267/

I love retro things! They are just the best and so nostalgic! When I was growing up, I'd love to look through my Grandma's old stuff and seeing what it all did! It was an adventure to figure out how it worked and to play with it. And even though I am 20, I would still love to use 5 of the following retro items! But I need a little more convincing before I use the last 3.

1. A walkman

upload.wikimedia.org

I mean come on, these things are awesome! Yes, it may be blocky and a little unconventional, but it looks epic!

2. A record player

shiftingpixel.com

I don't know what it is, but I love me some vinyl records! Just the act of putting the stylus on the record is great! Then, controlling the speed at which the record is played... ah! If you have never messed around with a record player you are missing out!

3. A cassette player

upload.wikimedia.org

I know, these are basically the same thing as a Walkman, but they are still epic in their own right.

4. A Polaroid camera.

upload.wikimedia.org

These things are awesome! In a time when we love everything instantly, what better than a camera that pops out pictures as soon as you take them?!

To bad I am poor college student who has to spend all her money on textbooks instead of awesome gadgets like this. But if any of y'all feel like getting me, I wouldn't say no! *wink wink*

5. TV/VHS player combo

upload.wikimedia.org

I still have one of these and I love it! Even though the VHS part doesn't exactly work, this thing is the bomb.com!

6. Inflatable sauna pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ebwR-ij-M

The first of the 3 retro items I wouldn't use.

Just the idea of these things seems terrible. I can't believe that people actually wore these for a time.

7. Curlers

upload.wikimedia.org

These may work, but I have been there, done that, and do not want to do it again! It takes so long and I'd much rather just use a curling iron.

8. A corded phone.

upload.wikimedia.org

These things are cool, but I would hate to have to spin the dial 10 times before I could call anybody. That would get annoying. Plus, I couldn't carry this thing anywhere and there are no games on it!

Out of the aforementioned items, what would you use regularly? Do you remember when these items weren't considered retro? Feel free to let me know what retro items you have fallen in love with and which ones you wish had never even been invented!