10 Oklahoma Weekend-Getaway Ideas

10 Oklahoma Weekend-Getaway Ideas

Not everyone can take a full vacation, here's the next best thing!

7
10 Oklahoma Weekend-Getaway Ideas

The weather is finally beginning to warm up which means it's almost time to spend most of the day outside! Or at least take a vacation from the indoors. Most people seem too busy for a full-on vacation, but a weekend getaway might just be the perfect thing! Also, many of us are stuck in self-quarantine and have been for a while and just because we have to practice social distancing, that does not mean we can't go outside. We can take road trips, visit national parks, and enjoy other various outdoor activities.

Here's some weekend getaway ideas for Oklahomans!

Golden Driller

shelbytwest

Take a road trip through Tulsa! The Golden Driller is the sixth-largest statue in the United States standing at 75 feet tall! This is one of those bucket list landmarks to visit just to say you did.

Center of the Universe

Brooke Burney

Also located in Tulsa, the center of the universe is a cool acoustic phenomenon where if you stand in the center you can hear echoes much louder than in any other spot within the circle. It's a pretty neat side stop.

The Gathering Place

Brooke Burney

The Gathering Place is a 100-acre park complete with a diner, museum, giant play area, water park, swing park, and so much more located in Tulsa. It's complete with a paved trail that is full of perfect photo opportunities!

Drive in Movie

SofiLayla

How often do you watch a movie outside? Take a friend or go by yourself and enjoy a nice night watching a good movie. It's always a good day to switch it up!

Sutton Wilderness Trail Park

ak.jogurucdn.com

Located in Norman, this park has lots of picturesque pathways suitable for thoroughly enjoying the outdoors. Along the paths, there are boards posted with information about the types of flowers or animals you might see.

Blue Whale of Catoosa

Trip Advisor

This waterfront structure is just a fun roadside attraction for those who want to see it! Although there is nothing especially significant about the Blue Whale, it is fun to check out so it makes for a great road trip.

Wichita mountains

Brooke Burney

The Witchita Mountains have such a variety of hiking options, its perfect for anyone. There are hundreds of paths to follow across an area of nearly 737 mi2, with each path varying in difficulty. Choose a mountain and start your trek and finish off your day with a drive up Mt. Scott.

Chickasaw National Recreation Area

npca.s3.amazonaws.com

Another hiking ground is the Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Sulphur, Oklahoma, which looks absolutely stunning. It's the perfect place to get in touch with nature, camp, hike, and appreciate your surroundings.

Great Salt Plains State Park

www.naturallyamazing.com

A National wildlife refuge in Alfalfa County where you can hike, harvest crystals, ride ATVs, and enjoy the outdoors.

Winding Stair Mountain National Recreation Park

upload.wikimedia.org

This place is located within the Ouachita National Forest in Muse where you can drive through tunnels of trees or walk on marked trails. It's a great place for a scenic adventure.