Oh, Thanksgiving How I Have Missed You.

Oh, Thanksgiving How I Have Missed You.

It is more than just the food.

27
Oh, Thanksgiving How I Have Missed You.
Google

With Thanksgiving days away, cornucopias come out from storage, families revert back to their home towns and preparations for the acclaimed turkey dinner commences. There are a lot of components that come along with such a family oriented holiday and it has always been the holiday in which I cherish the most.

1. The Food (Duh!)

As any individual would know, food is a notorious symbolization in regards to Thanksgiving. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie and so much more instantaneously cross the mind when Thanksgiving day is discussed.

2. Spending time with family

In many families, Holidays are unfortunately the only time in which they get to see their relatives. One of my favorite aspects of Thanksgiving is getting to see my family, especially when they are visiting from the state they currently reside in. What better way to reconnect then a day centered around food and what we are thankful for?

3. The leftovers

Let's just say that the day after Thanksgiving is almost as good as Christmas morning knowing there is a fridge full of leftovers to be eaten that don't have to be shared with family this time around. This year, I will be spending Thanksgiving at a family members house and the thought of not having any Turkey dinner left overs is quite bothersome.

4. Football (For some)

Personally, I could care a less whether there is a football game playing on the TV during Thanksgiving or not. Now, if there was a family game that breaks out, I am all in. I would much rather play a drunken, full of food game than to be watching one on TV.

5. The Macy's Day Parade

One of my fondest childhood memories growing up is waking up early each year and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Over the years, this has become more difficult as obligations and priorities have changed, but this year, I have decided that for the few hours that this traditional parade is airing on TV all across the country, I am going to forego anything that I should be doing before it is time to get to celebrating. Watching clips and portions of the parade each year immediately reverts me back to my childhood and that is something I am looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving.

6. CHRISTMAS IS APPROACHING!

The Turkey has been eaten, Thanksgiving has come and gone yet again and families travel back home. But not for long because the most wonderful time of the year is here! Christmas trees are replaced by fall centerpieces, hams are cooked in place of Turkey and talk of gift giving and Christmas festivities are discussed. It won't be long until your family is back in town.

While most people view Thanksgiving as a day to eat, nap, watch football and go out at an ungodly hour to catch all of the best sales, there is so much more then all of the trappings to be excited about. It truly is a day in which we should celebrate and give thanks for all that we have. So this year, I challenge you to count your blessings, give thanks for all that you have and make it a point to tell your family and friends you love them. May everyone have a safe and happy holiday and a memorable Thanksgiving.