Be The Person That Offers Solutions, Not Just Critiques

Bring something positive to the table.

48

You know those people that constantly complain about every little thing, they're no fun to be around!

I've given my fair share of complaints now and again but I've cut back on them once I took on the role of someone people could complain about. Taking on leadership in any capacity, whether that be at school or work, gives you a better understanding of what it's like to be complained about.

Complaining about something usually does very little, but offering constructive criticism and a solution will get you somewhere.

My biggest pet peeve is when people have a long list of all the things they don't like about something, but offer absolutely no input on how they could possibly make it better.

After planning multiple events I've learned that people aren't always going to like what I've planned, but I would much rather hear constructive feedback and solutions to my face than mixed reviews behind my back.

If you come to someone with a solution they will be more likely to listen to what you have to say, rather than if you're showering them in negativity.

Everyone is titled to their own opinions which should empower all of us to get involved.

If you don't like how something is running get involved and make a change.

If you find yourself as the person who's always in the back unhappy about what's going on around you, find an opportunity to share the ideas you have to better the situation.

I have so much more patience and compassion for situations out of my control now because I know how it feels to be the source of everyone's complaints and how frustrating it can be when you're the person who's spent so much time on something and no one appreciates it.