An Ode to Garlic Bread

An Ode to Garlic Bread

This will get emotional.

630
An Ode to Garlic Bread

If you feel something, say something. It's a common sentiment that has a lot of possible consequences. In this very moment, I feel the need to discuss the glory of that perfect piece of garlic bread.

I'll start out simple. Who doesn't love garlic bread? I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there who doesn't like garlic bread but we've collectively decided to shun that person now.

Garlic bread from the freezer section of the local grocery store can sometimes taste better than homemade garlic bread. Which is simultaneously confusing and exciting. Then again, when done with patience and care, homemade garlic bread can be a spiritual experience. And I'm not even talking fully homemade bread because who has the time? Just lather up each slice of Texas Toast with some butter and garlic and maybe some cheese. Pop that in the oven and blam, you're in heaven (or whatever your conceptualized happy place might be).

It's a perfect pairing for pasta. Pasta happens to be in America's top ten of most common favorite foods. I didn't Google that but I'm pretty sure that's a fact. It's easy and it makes it look like you've spent more time making dinner than you actually have. Oh, garlic bread, you legend. You can start and end family wars. What were we even fighting about? Let's split the last piece of garlic bread.

I also have an idea I need to share. I know Garlic bread pizzas exist. But, I've yet to see Garlic bread sandwiches. Turns out, garlic bread sandwiches do exist. Garlic bread grilled cheese. Let's take a moment to let that really sink in. Such a simple idea just changed the grilled cheese game for good. Garlic bread with a piece of lasagna in between. This is a little controversial and I don't know how I feel about it. Let's reconvene on this issue later.

Garlic bread is a staple. It's like breakfast toast but for dinner (or lunch, or breakfast if you're wild). One of the best feelings in the world is opening the freezer and realizing someone bought garlic bread that's just waiting to be eaten. Garlic bread transports you in time and through a minefield of emotions. Before dinner you were sad and a little hungry and suddenly you're eating garlic bread and all of the world's problems have disappeared.

If you really want to torture yourself, do what I did while writing this article. Look up garlic bread and discover there are a lot of gifs out there of people pulling apart pieces of garlic bread slowly. There are also garlic bread memes. But there are memes of most things. But, as we just established garlic bread is much better than most things.

What's the best thing since sliced bread? Putting garlic on said bread. It's that simple.