Perks of Living Close To The Best City

Perks of Living Close To The Best City

I may be a Jersey girl, but I do have that New York State of Mind.

michele
michele
5

Is there a city out there that can compare to amazing and luxurious New York City? Sure but when you live so close to it, NYC tends to have a special spot in your heart. From the fashion to the people, to the food, and much more. If you ask me, New York has such a great mix of diversity, culture and energy. They do call it the city that never sleeps for a good reason. No matter what time or day it is, you'll never be alone. Sometimes it can be a bad thing if you tend to panic when you're surrounded by a big crowd of people but that experience is what makes it so weirdly special and I'm so glad that I'm fortunate enough to live an hour away.

It's a really easy drive. I think the only frustrating thing is finding parking. It could take up to hours to find proper, legal parking. The streets are already crowded as it is. The nice thing is that a lot of people who live, work or even visit the city tend to have a lot of hopes and dreams. I mean, we all do but I'm extremely optimistic and cheesy. I like to think that cliche "Dreams are made in NYC" is true. Why wouldn't it be? It's a place with a lot of opportunities and a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

Local family businesses, bright lights and people who are navigating the busy streets make NYC what we know it as. The locals and the tourists all in one. If you ask me, I would consider myself to be a local tourist. Not too distant but far enough to recognize that another place is my home.