Nutella is not good for you at all.

Nutella Is Absolutely Toxic, Put Down The Spoon And Close The Jar

Stop what you're doing and read the ingredient list.

350

Up until my freshman year of high school, I loved Nutella. I put it on everything: bread, bagels, bananas, strawberries, etc. There was something about the hazelnut flavor that made me never get sick of it. Plus, their advertisements make Nutella out to be a healthier alternative to peanut butter or jam. But one day, I actually looked at the nutrition facts, and I was shocked.

First, let's talk about the product in general. A serving of Nutella (two tablespoons) contains 200 calories, 12 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 15 milligrams sodium, and 21 grams sugar.

Then, we look at the ingredients. The first ingredient on the list is sugar. In fact, Nutella is 55 percent sugar, which is insane. The nutrition label states that each jar contains 21 grams of sugar per 37 grams of spread. The next ingredient is vegetable oil, a palm oil with semi-solid fat that's needed to give Nutella its spreadable texture. This oil is processed, leading to possible inflammation in the body.

Finally, we look at the overall picture. The American Heart Association recommends that men should not consume more than 9 teaspoons, or 150 calories, of added sugar a day, and no more than 6 teaspoons, or 100 calories, of added sugar for women. In the 2 tablespoons serving size, there are 5 teaspoons of sugar already, making up more than half of someone's added sugar daily intake.

In conclusion, Nutella is basically chocolate in spreadable form. It's not as healthy as you think it is, just because it has hazelnuts in it. Instead, try healthier alternatives like almond butter or sunflower seed butter.