Accomplishing Your Dreams Doesn't Have to Be Impossible

You're the only person stopping yourself.

9
Favim

"Well, why not" is the response I get every time I tell someone that my dream of being a writer is out of reach. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that they're right, why can't I accomplish that?

What's holding me back?

What's holding any of us back from achieving our dreams?

Maybe it's the fear and doubt of never being good enough. Or the little voice that lingers inside our heads telling us that what we dream of doing is impossible.

The saying, "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will" reigns true in this case.

Doubt is a thief of the mind, telling you that you won't be able to accomplish all of the things you've always wanted to. We have all succumbed to the doubt that creeps in at one point or another.

I'm the first person to challenge other people and say "Why not?" when they're sitting there telling me they'll never live out their dreams. Maybe that's because it's easier to have confidence in someone else and look at their life in black and white.

Quite frankly, it's SO easy to doubt yourself. Hello, have you ever heard of self-doubt?? Think about it. Everyone has their own insecurities, whether they want to admit it or not. I'll be the first to admit that I fear I'll never being good enough for the things I want to accomplish, I mean can you blame me? I'm only human.

I'm starting to realize that I assume everything I could ever want in life is impossible to achieve. When someone else is asking me "Well, why not?" as I tell them my dream of being a writer, I never have a solid answer. I just assume that it's impossible.

Doubt, assumption, and insecurities all play a major role in what holds us back in life.

There is no reason why you can't reach your dreams. You are your biggest critic. You're the only person holding yourself back.

Sure, you might be saying, "I already knew this" but it wasn't until someone else asked me why I couldn't be a writer that I realized, maybe I could be.