God Never Gives You More Than You Can Handle

The future may seem bleak right now, but I promise you, He has a plan for you.

445

When times get hard, when my mental health begins to fail, and when it seems like my path for the future is foggy, I always remind myself that in life, God will never give us more than we can handle. I know this can be a hard thing to believe and see clearly when some of the worst things happen to us, but this mentality that there's nothing I cannot handle is what gets me through every bad day and bad thing in my life. Regardless of what you believe in, I think this is important to remember because it gives a positive outlook on some of life's worst scenarios.

I think in life in general, it's so easy to get caught up in what's negative that we forget that with every negative there's a positive or at least a perfectly good reason for that negative. It sounds unbelievable but it's true, every tiny thing that has ever happened to you happened for a reason and even if you don't know that reason now, you will see it when the time is right. Think about it, what has been a moment in your life that when it happened, you didn't understand the reason for it, but now you see where it lead you? This can be anything from as serious as a breakup to as simple as a wrong turn while driving.

When I think about this the first thing that comes to mind is the time in my life when I chose my college. At the start of my senior year fo high school, I was in a serious relationship with a boy who had just moved into his current college. I applied and immediately got into his school and I remember planning a life with him when I would get there. He left me soon after and I was dumbfounded. I had this whole plan for my life laid out and the most crucial piece of it was now gone. The breakup isn't the main issue of the story, the main issue was that I was committed to a college that was never my own choice for my future, it was someone else's choice for my life and I felt so stuck to that commitment that I for several months after that breakup, I still planned on attending that university. Secretly, my dad applied to every school that gave me a free application for me without my initial knowledge so I could have some options and one of those schools is the one I currently attend! I remember when I got my acceptance letter, I felt so free. I felt like I could finally breathe because this was (and still is) a dream school of mine. It's a school I had always admired and loved and I couldn't believe that they wanted me to attend.

You see, sometimes we have a plan for our lives, and when certain aspects of that plan fall through, we feel lost as if no one is listening to us in our time of need. Everything happens for a reason and nothing that happens to us is too out of our reach. In the moment, it may feel like you're stuck in past ideas, but soon enough, you find that there was and is a plan for your life greater than you could ever imagine.