I Am Not In A Rush To Get Married

I Am Not In A Rush To Get Married

Marriage is not something I am planning for anytime soon.

11
bride

People have a tendency to want to rush good things. It's no secret that life is stressful, so it's only natural to want to rush something exciting, especially something as big as marriage. However, that is something I am definitely not in a rush for.

Marriage is one of those decisions that simply cannot be rushed. It makes up an incredibly huge part of someone's life. Finding the right someone to spend the rest of your life with is one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. Though it's wonderful and exciting, it's also something that requires natural timing.

I will never plan out my life around marriage. My life is planned out around my future career. My career is something I fully control. It is something I am 100% sure of. This isn't to say that when I think of my life ten years from now, I don't see myself married. But no, I am not thinking about when I will be married.

I do not want to plan out the timing of my marriage because that is out of my control. If I were to rush marriage, it wouldn't last. Marriage is something that should come naturally. Of course, marriage in itself requires work and effort from both partners. But finding that someone should come naturally. The time when both people feel ready for marriage should come naturally.

Sure, I daydream about my dream wedding and future husband. But it is different than planning out when I will get married. Marriage involves someone else. It's equal, unlike your career. That is why my life is planned around my career. It's completely independent of the person. However, marriage is something that cannot be planned like a career.

I am excited about marriage. I pray for my future marriage. But I do not want to rush it. I do not want to set a timeline. I do not want to be impatient. When the timing is right, I will know. I will trust when God decides it is time. Until then, I will focus on myself so I can be ready for the next chapter of my life.