Not From Around Here

Not From Around Here

He was just looking for his friend, not looking to find an entirely new world.

6
Not From Around Here
Alwaysfreeimages.com

Opening my eyes to darkness I could swear I was dead. What happened? Everything was fuzzy. I wasn’t exactly sure I could even move, cause if I was dead how could I move?

Okay, here we go. Slowly, I managed to sit up and actually take in my surroundings. My heart stopped. I was in the middle of a forest; a dark forest. How did I get here? I only faintly remember knocking on the door to Wil’s house. Oh no! I was supposed to pick her up for the dance. What is she going to think if I don’t show up? Wait a second… she… she never opened the door. There was a scream, I went in after her? A glowing light. Is she here? Wherever I was, is she here? Standing up, I began searching.

For it being night, it was sure bright outside. Glancing up I saw that the sky was full of stars. More stars than I ever imagined to exist. How could that even be possible? Turning my attention back to the search my eyes scanned the ground repeatedly. Nothing. Then where was she?

Falling to the ground I sat there for a moment and sighed. Where could she be? Faintly, a noise began to get louder. I hadn’t noticed it before. It was in Latin. Soft but steady and growing louder. Struggling, I hopped up and took off towards the chanting. Yes Lukas, run towards the creepy Latin chanting in unfamiliar woods. You genius you. The closer I got the louder it was. It was almost if they had speakers because it vibrated through everything. Slowing to a stop, I crouched behind bushes and peeked through. The clearing before me was illuminated with torches and was full of people, specifically gypsies. Just like the one in the school's office. Just like the people who took Willow.

I was about to get away from there when something moved, catching my eye. Willow. She was in the middle of the chanting people. So quickly she shot up from the ground and looked around. Even from afar I saw the fear in her eyes. Just as I was about to launch myself from my hiding place, I felt a set of hands grip my shoulders firmly.

Before I realized, I was being thrown back. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust in the dark light before I saw the two figures looming over me. It was two men, both significantly older than I. They looked like they stepped right out of a renaissance fair. Knights in not so shining armor.

“Who are you boy? You realize you are trespassing?” the larger one bellowed. He looked towards his friend as if I were a joke.

“Where am I?” the words left my mouth before I could stop them. The men burst out into laughter, their armor shaking as their shoulders shook.

“Where are you?” the other one chuckled.

“Why you’re in Bradwr's kingdom,” the other mocked. “Trespassing at that.”

Whose kingdom?

“Where am I? Bradwr's kingdom?” I had never heard of anything like that.

“You aren’t from around here are you?”

“Not even close…,”