I'm Not Ashamed Of Being The 'Crazy Cat Lady'

Chances are that your cat is actually the boss of the house, not you.

98
https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/article/2612
MDLinx

There have been several instances where I've been called a "crazy cat lady," even though at the end of the day I'm simply equally as obsessed with my two cats as most people are with their dogs. The double standard is real, and it may be ridiculous but I'm not ashamed of being crazy about my two cats.

If you have cats, you know what I mean. The toe beans? The soft purrs? The little chirps when they get excited? When they get into some catnip and act high?

What's not to love?!

No hate towards dogs, because all animals are fantastic, but I don't think I could live happily without my cats.

Unfortunately, however, there seems to be a lot of confusion about why people own cats (especially multiple cats). Much of this is due to the bad reputation cats get for being a**holes and aggressive, and while sometimes that can be true, most of the time they're sweet as can be. Certain types of cats are even more friendly, usually, such as orange cats. I have an orange cat and he's the best - very affectionate and loving to the point where he's even clingy.

Cats don't deserve the bad reputation they're given, honestly. Do I have some scars from being scratched? Sure. Is it annoying to scoop litter every day? I mean, yeah. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade it for the world because they're also super fun and loving. Not to mention, freaking adorable.

There's also so much more good qualities about cats. For one, they're low maintenance. If I don't come home for a night, it's totally fine! As long as my cats have food, water and each other they're completely fine with it. And when I am home, they make sure to show me all their love. While my orange cat has to be by my side every second, my other one comes around to be pet and then she goes to mind her own business. The system really works in our household and I love it.

Also, they mimic their owner's personality. For example, anytime my kitten acts crazy and runs around the house, me and my orange cat look at each other in the eyes and sigh. It's hilarious. He and I are both chill couch potatoes and it's awesome.

Basically what I'm saying here is: if you're nuts about cats, don't let the negative stigma get in the way of enjoying your cat-filled life. You do you. Enjoy your little balls of fluff!