10 Struggles Of Being A Not-So-Stereotypical White Girl

Being the polar opposite of a stereotypical white girl is harder than it sounds.

205
Personal photo
Personal Photo

We all know of at least one stereotypical white girl: Starbucks drink in hand, an over-sized shirt with her sorority letters, black leggings, dad cap, Ugg boots... But what about the girls who aren't so stereotypical? Being a not-so-stereotypical white girl comes with its challenges, here they are.

1. Having a music taste that's the complete opposite of your friends.

Your idea of turn up music? Mo Bamba, Swag Surfin', and some other mainstream songs that are played way too much. My idea of turn up music? Yungeen Ace, JayDaYoungan, Tokyo Jetz, and other artists that most white girls have no clue about.

2. Being the only sneakerhead in your friend group.

None of my friends can relate to the happiness I feel when I cop a new pair of J's.

3. Having no clue about Greek life.

I don't care that Mark from Kappa Sim Card liked your post on Instagram.

4. Loving sports way more than the rest of your friends.

You're excited for March because of Spring Break. I'm excited for March because of March Madness.

5. Dressing up like a girly-girl once and having the entire country comment on how you look.

"You should dress up more often!" Sorry. It's a no from me dawg.

6. Liking a little more flavor in your food than your friends.

I'm not really a Chicken Salad Chick girl... More of a Wingstop girl.

7. Having a different taste in movies and TV shows than your friends.

You want to watch "The Notebook." I want to watch "Friday."

8. Sticking with the same drink every time you go to Starbucks.

Not like I have any clue what any of the other drinks are anyways!

9. Not being able to fangirl over cute guys because your preferences are different from your friends.

I'm more into Jalen Ramsey than Zac Efron, but go ahead and shoot your shot sis!

10. Making guy friends more easily than girl friends.

It's just so easy to get into a conversation about sports or shoes with guys!