19 Things That Only Kids Who were Born in The '90s Will Remember, Even The 1999 Babies

I hate to say it, but us '90s "kids" are no longer kids.

105

I can't be the only late '90s baby out there who's been accused of not being a "true '90s kid." I may have been born in 1998 at the end of the '90s, and well the turn of the century was when I was almost two but even so, I remember growing up with pretty much all of the things in this list.

So in truth, I don't remember hearing "Ice Ice Baby" on the radio or ever thinking fanny packs were that cool. I only got the aftermath of those state-of-the-art Fisher Price record players, and I'm sure people knew about scratch n' sniff stickers long before I was even an afterthought.

So all of those '95-'99ers can probably relate.

But we still count in our own ways.

Without further ado, here's a list of nineteen things that only kids who were born in the '90s (or in my case at the end of) will remember.

1. Easy Bake Ovens

We thought we were expert bakers with this little oven, baking tons of cookies, cakes and various other mini-deserts.

2. CD Players/ iPod Nanos

A CD, whats that? Many kids these days wouldn't know the struggle of having to actually go out and buy a whole CD to get just one song that you want or not being able to see the name of the song playing.

3. Pokemon Cards

And the trading of them was all the rage in the '90s and early '00s. And yes, I had my own collection and remember trading them along with everyone else for the bigger and better ones.

4. Gameboys, Nintendos, etc.

The only way we could play games. I distinctly remember having a dog care game.

5. VHS/VCR Tapes

Disney movies were the best this way.

6. Scented highlighters/markers

Two Words: THE SMELL!!! These markers were the absolute best.

7. The "Scholastic" Book fair

The best place to get all of your favorite books and ohhhh the catalogs that you would show your parents while begging for money to spend.

8. Mulit-colored pens

Admit it, you tried to pull all the colors down at once to see if it would work.

9. Renting a movie from Blockbuster

Nowadays with all of the Netflix, Hulu, and Redbox we really had no need for this place anymore and that was sad.

10. Saturday Morning cartoons

Saturday mornings were filled with Bugs Bunny, Recess, Rugrats and various other cartoons that showed dangerous or bad things that went over our heads as kids.

11. The push pencil

And when you lost one piece of it, the entire pencil became useless.

12. Paper Fortune Tellers

And all the weird scenarios/ fortunes we would come up with as children.

13. Furbies

These creepy toys that made annoying sounds and well not understanding why you liked them when you were younger.

14. This TV

When you walked into the classroom and saw this you knew it was going to be a great day.

15. Flintstones Vitamins

You probably always (well almost always) had a bottle of these in the cabinet, also remember them tasting awful, but wanting to have more than one anyways.

16. Kid PIx

Throwing it back to those times when you were in the computer lab and finished your work and then allowed to get on this and draw, color, or paint to your heart's content.

17. Cosmic Brownies

Growing up and finding these packed in your lunch kit. NEWS FLASH!!! Chances are you ate it first.

18. Lisa Frank Items

For girls, wanting or having a notepad, pencils, pens and other school supplies from "Lisa Frank".

19. Razor Scooters

Swinging these scooters around and accidentally hitting your ankle is a pain I will never forget.