Nitty-Gritty Coming to ARC Gallery

Nitty-Gritty Coming to ARC Gallery

Northern Illinois University MFA Thesis Exhibition

121
Nitty-Gritty Coming to ARC Gallery
Elyse Sawka + Rebecca Griffith

The MFA Thesis Exhibition nitty-grittydemonstrates MFA candidates' achievements in their area of specialization ranging from Photography, Painting, Printmaking, Ceramics and Fiber and Material Studies.

This exhibition showcases the work of practicing contemporary artists who are completing their Master of Fine Arts, the terminal degree at Northern Illinois University's Department of Art. Featured artists are Matt Brej, Ana Cortes, Sarah Dupré, Naomi Elson, Rebecca Griffith, Rachelle Hill, Lauren Iacoponi, Millicent Kennedy Nora, Kimberly Rodney, Elyse Sawka, Tania Silver, and Antoinette Viola.

nitty-gritty: the most important aspects or practical details of a subject or situation

Northern Illinois University's MFA Thesis exhibition nitty-gritty, will be held at ARC Gallery in Bucktown with a reception on Friday, March 30, 6-9 pm

Sarah Dupré

Hair of the Dog

Oil paint, charcoal, ink on canvas

5' 9.5" x 6'

Antoinette Viola

Horai

Archival Inkjet Print

16"x16"

Rebecca Griffith

The Princess Bride (1987)

VHS Magnetic Tape and Transparent Tape

78 inches x 55 inches

Millicent Kennedy Nora

Blind Gray Mare

Screen printed wallpaper and fabric

96" (8 feet) x 40" x 30"

Elyse Sawka

Untitled

Concrete mold and wood paneling

4" x 5"

Rachelle Hill

Rust Wake Water

Collagraph and screen-print

Lauren Iacoponi

Spit

Latex paint

5' x 6'

ARC Gallery

2156 N Damen Ave

Chicago Illinois 60647

United States

nitty-gritty

Open March 28-April 21

Opening Reception
March 30th
6-9 pm

RSVP