A Picturesque Night In Madrid, Spain

A Picturesque Night In Madrid, Spain

In this city, the lights shine brighter at night.

43
A Picturesque Night In Madrid, Spain
Viaje Jet

In my opinion, Madrid is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I lived there for some years, and half of my family currently lives there as well. Looking forward to my trips to Madrid, Spain draws an immense smile on my face. Even though we go twice a year, this summer is the most remarkable by far. I believe I am old enough to understand and live, not all, but most of the life in Madrid. I met up with my cousin and my parents to have dinner not long ago, and that’s where the idea of writing this article sparked.

We decided to meet up with my cousins next to a McDonald’s (yes, there are McDonald's in Madrid) around 10 o’clock at night to walk somewhere else for dinner. My parents and I took the bus, like most of the population does in Madrid, and we met up with my cousins. I know that right now, having dinner at 10 o’clock at night might be something very odd for someone who lives in the United States. However, in Madrid, this is beyond usual. As a matter of fact, it is quite busy around the streets of Madrid around this time. Going along with the night - we arrived at a restaurant called “La Mucca”, and we all had a beer before dinner. It is very typical for people in Madrid to eat what-is-called tapas and have a beer. Nevertheless, I just wanted to have that beer experience before dinner, so I ordered an alcohol-free beer. Then, we had dinner and finished around 11:30pm. The food was honestly, great! So great.

After having dinner, we talked and talked for about an hour. It was around 1am, and everyone around us was still as awake as us… which was very awake. Everyone kept ordering more drinks and more food. Around this time is when life starts in Madrid, Spain. My cousins had a botellón, which is where most teens meet to talk and drink before going somewhere for a party. Therefore, they went their way, and my parents and I left the other way. We walked and walked, until the clock turned 3am, and we decided to go home and sleep. We were the only ones that made that decision though, because everyone around us kept walking along the streets.

I wish I could’ve stayed longer that night because the amount of people that were along the streets of Madrid were the same amount, or more, that are along the streets during the day. It is worth seeing it, quite some wild time.