8 Life Lessons From Nicki Minaj

8 Life Lessons From Nicki Minaj

To all the powerful ladies out there.

554
8 Life Lessons From Nicki Minaj
Rolling Stone Magazine

Onika Tanya Maraj, better known as Nicki Minaj, is a female rapper and business mogul. If you know anything about her, you know that she is a powerful woman who takes no shit from anyone. If you don't know anything about her, you probably think she's a slut who constantly raps about her ass and nothing else. If you agree with the latter, let me tell you right now, Nicki Minaj is more than what the media conveys her to be. She embraces her sexuality (the same way men do) and constantly empowers women.

To all the ladies out there, we can learn a thing or two from Nicki Minaj that goes beyond being sexy. Here are 11 life lessons that Nicki has taught her fans:

1. Be INDEPENDENT.

The very first thing Nicki would tell women is to depend on no one but yourselves. ESPECIALLY men. We may be taught by society that a man has to support us, but Nicki is proof that you do not need a man to become powerful and successful. We know damn well that we are capable of doing anything we set our minds to.

2. Screw Double Standards.

Women are constantly put at an illogical double standard against men. Don't let the fear of being called a bitch to stop you from being a boss. You are capable of being a mother f*ckin' boss.

3. Women are set to unrealistic standards.

It's okay if you can't do everything. No one can. Just do you, girl.

4. Love your body. Love your curves.

5. Speak your mind, ladies.

It is not on occasion that women are often silenced. Ladies, we have to learn to be confident enough to speak up.

6. Sex does not define you.

Nicki Minaj wants her fans to realize this: yes, sex is fun and embracing your sexuality is empowering, but it's only fun and empowering when you want it and when it is done safely. Also, don't let anyone dehumanize you and think of you as only their sex object.

7. Hard work pays off.

Even though it is difficult, it is still possible for you to work your way to the top, even from the very bottom. It is even harder for women to break this so-called "glass ceiling", but it is possible and it is worth it.

8. Stay in school. Go to college. Everything else can wait.

This is another big thing that Nicki Minaj is a proponent of: education. Yes, the same woman that sings, "I don't fuck with' them chickens unless they last name is cut let," pushes for women to stay in school. She constantly reminds her fans that an education is significant and important in a woman's life.

As you can see, Nicki Minaj deeply cares about the empowerment of all women. She exudes confidence and pushes her positive outlook unto her fans. Ladies, if you ever start feeling bad about yourself or need a lil' bit of motivation, ask yourself: "What would Nicki Minaj do?"