Nickelodeon’s 15 Best Kids Shows That You Should Be Watching Right Now, No Matter What Your Age Is

A comprehensive list of what my daughter and I think is cool!

240
YouTube

Nickelodeon has been a staple in households for ages. Kids all over the world love the content they provide and (sometimes) the parents do too. With input from my 9-year-old daughter, I’ve compiled a list of the best shows we think you all should watch.

*Note: These are in no particular order.

1. Breadwinners

Two cray-cray ducks run a bread truck and get into lots of trouble trying to deliver odd loaves of bread to the people of their town.

2. Bunsen Is A Beast

A human kid, Mikey, is friends with a beast. Throughout the series, human girl, Amanda, is constantly trying to prove Bunsen is a beast and not just another kid at school.

3. Fairly OddParents

Timmy Turner is a normal kid, except for the magical fairies who grant his wishes and often get him into trouble. Mr. Crocker is always trying to prove fairies do exist.

4. The Adventures of Kid Danger

An animated series in the same universe as “Henry Danger,” where super hero sidekick Kid Danger fights crime in Swellview with Captain Man and a few of his friends.

5. Alvin and the Chipmunks

Alvin, Simon, Theodore… Did you sing that? Hahaha. This is a revamp of the classic “Alvin and the Chipmunks” cartoon we all watched as kids and yes, Dave still yells “AAAAALLLLLVVVVVIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!”

6. Spongebob Squarepants

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants! Spongebob has become a kid’s television staple in its own right. The bright yellow sponge, his friends, and their adventures will entertain many a person without fail.

7. Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn

One of the few live action shows on this list, “Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn” follows the story of quadruplets and their preteen lives where things don’t always go as planned and life is full of laughs.

8. Game Shakers

Another of the live action choices on this list, “Game Shakers” is all about the son of a superstar rapper, Triple G, and his journey with a kid gaming company. The coolest part about this show for older fans is that the dad, Double G, is played by none other than Kel Mitchell of “Kennan and Kel” fame.

9. Peppa Pig

A young pig, Peppa, learns about the world around her in this British animated series that follows her journey with her parents and younger brother. *Side note: For some weird reason, the duck family that lives in their pond are the only animals that cannot talk!

10. Zoofari

Almost like an “America’s Funniest Videos” animal edition for kids, this show features talking animals doing different activities, like a having a dance party or a singing contest.

11. Wallykazam!

Follow the spelling adventures of a young troll named Wally and his pet dragon, Norville, as they use his magic stick to learn the ways of the world around them. Super educational show!

12. Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness

Po the Panda of “Kung Fu Panda” movie fame continues his adventures in China in this animated series. He still eats dumplings too. Fans of the films will get a great laugh and, occasionally, a lesson out of this entertaining show.

13. Tickety Toc

Geared towards the super little ones, “Tickety Toc” is about the characters of a Coo-Coo Clock and their adventures in their hidden world inside the clock. Every episode ends with the kids in the clock making sure they are back in their places on time to Coo-Coo!

14. Max & Ruby

Max and his older sister, Ruby, are bunnies who never get things right. Something always goes a bit off for them and in the end, Max usually has the solution, but Ruby doesn’t know it until the last minute.

15. Shimmer & Shine

Genies in training, Shimmer and Shine, grant amazing wishes for their friend, Leah. With multiple seasons and new characters, this show will appeal to anyone who loves the idea of magic and glitter. Learning life lessons is also a huge part of the show and let’s face it, we could all use a reminder to use manners or be nice.

Did you, or your kids, favorite show make our list?