NFL Players Recognized On Gridiron Field

All NFL Players Deserve Recognition For Proving Their Worth On The Gridiron Field

Half the NFL season is already done and its time to evaluate which individual players are proving their wroth

76

The NFL is considered the past time of America and its players have to be some of the best in the world. As in the case of the 2018 season, there are some players who are in dire recognition of winning an award. Some of these players are first rounders while some of the others are people who were slept on in the draft. No matter that so lets begin the countdown to the top NFL players and the award that they could potentially take home.

MVP: Patrick Mahomes

For a QB who just started his career this season, Mahomes looks like a season veteran who is hungry for some championships. The NFL is a strange place because of people like Mahomes who can simply take over games as a first year player or as a rookie.

Sports Illustrated refers to Patrick mahomet as the most surprising thing this year and this cannot be underrated. Mahomes has been blessed with superhuman like IQ and a superhuman like accuracy. NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE has been more productive than Mahome. He consistently finds ways to make plays and show that there is absolutely no doubt that if he continues playing the way he's playing, he's gonna leave an impact on this league.

OPOY: Todd Gurley

Lets be real, whenever Gurley touches the ball, he's a threat to go all the way to the end zone. Why is this? This is due to his god given swiftness and speed combined with the footwork that most NBA players crave. Gurley has undoubtedly been the number 1 non-quarterback in terms of pure offense. Gurley is trying to do something done just twice in NFL history, lead the league in scrimmage yards and touchdowns.

My bet is that he will pull through with his goal as Gurley is a workhorse who demands the ball in pressure situations. At the end of the day, there is no one I would choose over Gurley to lead my offense into the future. Gurley could potentially even be MVP if the Rams secure the first seed in the playoffs.

DPOY: Aaron Donald

The 2017 DPOY is having another great season to show his worth in the Rams football team. The Rams defense has not always been their strongest point as their offense tends to the get the glory but Donald has continually shown that he can anchor the defense and that everyone on the field listens to him.

At the end of the day, defense wins championships and Donald can really anchor a team to the Superbowl. Donald has continually terrorized interior lines with his extreme strength and his powerful nature as a Defensive tackle. I would choose anyone over Aaron Donald to be caught in a fight with.

Coach of the Year: Sean McVay

Sean McVay has quickly transformed the LA Rams from the bottom of the NFC to the number one or number two seed in the matter of just two years.

The foundation of this offense is Todd Gurley(see above) who McVay has made into an MVP candidate and is focused around the contributions of surrounding players that help the team reach new heights. Role players on the Rams are often seen as the best in the league and have a certain fire to them that rages when they step onto the gridiron. It has been a truly entertaining experience to see the rams flourish this year.

MVP Runner Up: Drew Brees

Drew Brees looks like Iron Man this season. The longtime QB has put up phenomenal numbers and has gathered a large following for him to win MVP. While I give the edge to Mahomes, Brees has put the saints on his aging back and has proven to everyone around him that he has what it takes to beat the best in the game. That is all a team can ask for.

OPOY runner up: Alvin Kamara

Wow two saints players back to back. Makes the Falcons part of me shudder with disgust.

Despite this, Kamara has put together one of the most efficient and fun to watch seasons in NFL history. He continually throws opponents defensive plans into disarray and breaks through defenders like Madden. His speed is undeniable and his quickness is the best in the game.

DPOY Runner Up: Khalil Mack

Much of the story surrounding Khalil Mack this past summer was would he resign with the raiders and despite him being traded, Mack has put together the most dominant season outside of Aaron Donald. In his debut, he did everything to disrupt Aaron Rodgers and almost lead the bears to victory by himself. That is enough to almost guarantee his strength as one of the best in the league.