6 Towns in New York to Visit for the Day​ by Car

Since COVID is still yet to leave our lives, people can't do certain things like go to the movies, the museums anymore. So many of us should take the chance to go places where there aren't that many people and explore.

43

While in these places or traveling in general, please remain safe; maintain social distancing requirements, try to avoid staying inside places for long periods of time, and most importantly, wash your hands when you go outside.

1. Owego:

File:You are here in Owego, New York.jpg - Wikimedia CommonsFile:You are here in Owego, New York.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This is a cute little town about 20-30 minutes from Binghamton NY. My boyfriend and I have gone there just recently to look at the antique stores. It is getting a little colder now, so try to go now before it gets colder.

2. Ithaca:

File:Cornell University Arts Quad view, Ithaca, NY 07.jpg ...File:Cornell University Arts Quad view, Ithaca, NY 07.jpg ...

Even though it's getting colder outside, there is still a chance to catch the changing leaves. Also, Ithaca is a nice town that is right next to Cornell University.

3. Roosevelt Island:

File:Roosevelt Island td (2019-11-03) 044 - Roosevelt Island ...File:Roosevelt Island td (2019-11-03) 044 - Roosevelt Island ...

I have gone many times to Roosevelt Island when I am at home. It is beautiful during the summer and it is still nice even in the winter. One of my good friends from high school also lives there which is mainly why I go there.

5. Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow:

Tarrytown, NY and Sleepy Hollow | See more on my blog! www.s… | FlickrTarrytown, NY and Sleepy Hollow | See more on my blog! www.s… | Flickr

When I was younger, I used to go with my family to Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow in October and it was beautiful. All the trees changing color and also the spooky atmosphere when you get into Sleepy Hollow (or at least I liked to pretend it was) is a great place to go especially now in the fall.

6. Corning:

File:Shops Market Street Corning NY 2.JPG - Wikimedia CommonsFile:Shops Market Street Corning NY 2.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

This is another place that is more upstate but also a cute town. However, this place is best known for glass making. I went here when I was a kid and it was amazing. I am not sure if you can still see glass making, however, the town has plenty of shops and is right near a harbor.