New York Is For The Dreamers Who Do

New York Is For The Dreamers Who Do

Welcome to New York; it's been waiting for you.

22
New York Is For The Dreamers Who Do
Author's photo

New York City.

A city of many names -- the Big Apple, the City that Never Sleeps, Gotham -- that possesses a unique attribute to each individual that desires to dwell their thoughts on such a big city. This metropolis is a landscape on which dreams are the priority, on which passions are exerted to achieve coveted statuses not given anywhere else.

New York, New York, means something different to everyone that sets foot within its five boroughs; it’s a place where one can follow or find their dreams, a place where an individual’s passions could be embraced, a place where one can find love again and again among its millions of inhabitants, a place where one will hope for success in all their endeavors. The towering skyscrapers offer protection from the doubtful outside world and the multiple parks offer an escape from the sprawling urban landscape: this city is the world itself and therefore lends itself to anyone that needs it.

At the core of the dreams pursued by the inhabitants of this historic city lies the thirst for success and nothing short of it. To millions, to be successful in New York City means that the ones who have achieved that status have also attained unmeasurable wealth. In an urban area where the likes of Wall Street, the Empire State Building, and the Chrysler Building pierce the skies and lay their status upon the ground, there is bound to be a premise of needed success.

While millions of people across the globe possess a view of the Empire State in a light that is more romantic than anything else, there are still some who have become disenfranchised with the entire city and the premise of success that resounds throughout its many avenues. They have become cynics in that they believe that this historic municipality only produces human beings who have become disillusioned with their sense of humanity and are only driven by the high of successful capitalism.

The five boroughs of New York City -- Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx -- have all been unified under the idea that the City That Never Sleeps is in itself its own world that falls under the jurisdiction of the United States of America.

Millions around the world have made it their predestined end result: to find their dreams, to achieve success, to terrorize the foundation of it, and to search for love. And then there are others who have become disillusioned with what the Big Apple promises to give them, these are the people who wish to move as far away as they can from the boroughs, who would rather live a quiet life in the suburbs or country -- which is an idea that could be said about any city -- or it has become a place in which they feel trapped.

Tons of literature, songs, poetry, movies, and TV shows utilize New York, New York as their setting, a playground through which their plots slide upon the woodchips that are the skyscrapers. Each idea of the City is different, each one unique, each character’s viewpoint of it and the purpose they plan to enact within it differ from one another. New York City is either a blissful dream or a horrid nightmare.