New Year's Resolutions Are Just An Excuse For Procrastination

A new year on the calendar isn’t going to change your life, you have to make that change and make it every day.

194

It’s that time of the year again when everyone talks about their New Year’s resolutions. To eat better, to go to the gym, to save more money, to be more organized, and so on. And although I believe in goals and resolutions, why wait until the New Year?

Yesterday, I got all moved into my new dorm. I went through and decluttered everything because I wanted to be more organized. I got everything ready for the next semester because I am tired of putting everything off. And, I got a schedule set in stone so I can stay on track with my studies, social life, and health. So today, I’m sitting here as if I’m a new person. I’m who I set out to be yesterday, and that wouldn’t have been possible if I waited until tomorrow.

So why not start today?

Every day, God presents us with a brand new opportunity to make a change in our life, in someone else’s life, to be better, or to make a difference. Waiting for the last digit on a calendar to change, isn’t going to change your will to do it. You have to want to do it, and you have to be willing to work at it just as much as you want it.

But the amazing thing is, not only today are you presented with this opportunity, but tomorrow you are, and the next day, and the day after that for the rest of your life. Every day God gives you this opportunity, so why waste it?

Once you choose to make a change and to make a difference, you get every day after that to work on it. And every day that you hold off on making that change, is another day that you have to deal with the parts of you or your life that you’re not a fan of. So stop waiting, and make today the day your life changes.

Don’t hold yourself back for another minute, for another day, or for another year. Be the change you wish to see, and be it today, tomorrow and the next day after that.

Take advantage of every day God gives you, use every moment God grants you with, and use it to work on the good that you want to see. Whether it be January 1st, June 13th, or December 23rd, if you want to make a change, make it that day. You only hold yourself back every day that you wait. So, go and do good, and do it today.

So as 2017 ends, I hope you reflect on all the change that you have made, all the growth you have endured, and all the obstacles you have overcome. And as the new year comes and goes before we know it, I hope you take every single day as a brand new day to make the change you’ve been just waiting on to happen.

So go and work in God’s honor. Let this new year be full of changes, opportunities, growth, struggles, triumphs, coffee, and a whole lot of Jesus.